Appleton, Oshkosh, Fox Cities (Change Location)
Our Social Purpose
Our social purpose starts in Appleton, WI but it carries on across the world.
The Home Instead network works to create a world where people own their aging journeys. We want all generations to age on their own terms, authentic to who they are as unique individuals, and connected to things that provide them with purpose.
This vision drives us to expand the world’s capacity to care.
Our Vision for Successful Aging
Every day, we open our hearts to serve seniors in our community who need home care assistance. It humbles us to see the difference we can make in their lives.
But our passion for enhancing the lives of aging adults and their families drives us to do more. We envision a future where family caregivers have more support and where all older adults can age with greater hope and success. With that vision, we can't help but feel a sense of responsibility to give back.
Below are just a few of the ways we're giving back, providing support and inspiring change. We encourage you to consider ways you might contribute to or benefit from these initiatives.
Resources for Family Caregivers
- HelpforAlzheimersFamilies.com: Free training and support for family caregivers, Confidence to Care book resource, a free app for dementia care tips, live online chats, care services information and more.
- CaregiverStress.com: articles, videos and blogs on a variety of care topics to help you manage the challenges of caring for a senior loved one.
- Public Education Programs: topical articles, videos and free downloadable resources for caregivers and seniors.
- Stages of Senior Care: A step-by-step guide to making senior care decisions, written by Paul and Lori Hogan.
- Strength for the Moment: an inspirational caregiver devotional, written by Lori Hogan.
Giving Back to the Community
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Relief Grant Program: Home Instead franchise owners have pledged nearly $1 million worth of care services through this program, in partnership with Hilarity for Charity and the Alzheimer's Association.
- Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's: Home Instead has been a Platinum or Gold sponsor of the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's for 10 consecutive years.
- Home Instead Foundation – Community Grants: Through charitable giving, the foundation supports nonprofit organizations dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults.
- Home Instead Center for Successful Aging at the University of Nebraska Medical Center: Home Instead serves as an anchor donor and partner with the center, which promotes successful aging through geriatric care, research and education.
- Wheelchair Whitetails, LLC: Our local franchise office is affiliated with Wheelchair Whitetails, LLC, thanks to the charitable work of Franchise Owner Steve Nooyen and his wife, Kristi. An extension of our Home Instead office, this nonprofit offers wheelchair-bound hunters an all-expenses-paid retreat in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
- Challenge the Outdoors, Inc.: Dedicated to serving the recreational needs and desires of the physically challenged sportsperson. Challenge the Outdoors is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that focuses on providing activities for the disabled in the state of Wisconsin.
- Global Brigade/Eskala: Global Brigades is an international non-profit that uniquely implements a holistic model to meet a community’s health and economic goals. Our model systematically builds community ownership and collaboratively executes programs with the end goal of sustainably transitioning to a relationship of impact monitoring.
Advocacy & Thought Leadership
Over the years, we've seen the importance and need to advocate for change that will enhance the lives of seniors and their caregivers around the world. Home Instead representatives are helping to drive this change by actively engaging in organizations, forums and events across the globe to discuss ideas, present solutions, and shape policies that can help ensure seniors and their families receive the support and care they need.
The following are examples of national and global organizations that Home Instead, Inc., has engaged in to help drive change.
Alzheimer's & Dementia
- World Dementia Council
- Alzheimer's Disease International Conference
- Alzheimer's Association International Conference (AAIC)
- G7 Dementia Summit – London, Tokyo and Scotland
- Alzheimer's Association
- Global CEO Initiative on Alzheimer's Disease
- Women Against Alzheimer's
- LEAD Coalition – Leaders Engaged on Alzheimer's Disease
Aging & Caregiving
- World Economic Forum
- Global Agenda Council on Aging
- Global Growth Companies
- Global Coalition on Aging
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- Caregiver Action Network
- American Society on Aging
- Gerontological Society of America
- International Federation on Ageing
- ReACT – Respect a Caregiver's Time coalition
- Home Care 100
- Home Care Association of America