CAREGiver Job Description
The in-home senior care industry is booming right now and Home Instead is looking for CAREGivers.
Some perks of being a CAREGiver with us right now:
- We are the largest home care company in the world, caring for the most seniors and employing the most caregivers globally.
- This year (2020), Times-Picayune and nola.com ranked us as one of the top mid-sized companies to work for in the Greater New Orleans area.
- Ask about our 90 Day Incentive!
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Up to 10hrs paid vacation
- CNA Certification
- Paid Training
- Continuing education
- Support line for mental health
- In-office Virtual Training
- Offer flexible scheduling
- Referral bonus
- Holiday pay
An individual must:
- be at least 21 years old
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- have a minimum of 1 year of related work experience, either personal or professional
- have a "spot free" Criminal Background and Motor Vehicle Check
- have a valid Driver's License and Automobile Insurance.
As a CAREGiver, you provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes. While working independently with seniors, the services you perform generally fall under three categories:
- Home Helper
- Personal Care
Companionship services are those that stimulate, encourage and assist an individual. The primary responsibilities of Companionship services include:
- providing companionship and conversation
- providing stabilization and assistance with walking
- preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
- providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
Home Helper services generally involve light housekeeping, errands or incidental transportation. The primary responsibilities of Home Helper services include:
- performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- washing and ironing laundry
- running errands
- accompanying clients to appoinments
Personal Care services are personal in nature and often include assistance with activities of daily living. The primary responsibilites of Personal Care services inlcude assitance with:
- toileting and incontinence issues
Secondary repsonsibilities inlcude the following:
- contributing to a positive living environment to enhance a client's quality of life
- performing other reasonable duties as assigned
- reporting hours according to office policy
- reporting any significant changes in a client's needs or living conditions
- regularly communicating with supervisor and office staff
An individual must be able to meet the following qualifications:
- ability to work autonomously
- ability to lift, push or pull 25 punds
- abilty to bend, twist, stoop, kneel and reach
- abilty to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
- ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- ability to adapt to various living enviroments and locations
- abilty to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations
The CAREGiver position may require you to run errands and provide incidental transportation for a client using your vehicle and a client's vehicle
The CAREGiver position provides opportunities for a variety of shifts, including overnight.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.