Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA's) Interested in Becoming Home Health Aides (HHA's)
Northwest Monroe County
Professional Assistance for Seniors, Inc.
Position Description – Certified Nursing Assistants Interested in Becoming Home Health Aides
An HHA provides personal care, home management and other related home health supportive services. Our goal is to assist seniors and allow them to continue living in their home environment. The Home Health Aide works under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse and provides care in accordance with the DOH Matrix of permissible and non-permissible activities. Part time and full time positions are available with benefits.
- Successful completion of a NYS DOH approved Certified Nursing Aide program as demonstrated by a valid Certificate
- A passion for caring for Seniors and a desire to professionally develop your skills
- Ability to speak, read and write in English sufficiently to understand and interpret the HHA Plan of Care, document care provided, and able to call the office staff to report any change and/or issues.
- Must be reliable and compassionate
- Must have current driver's license, reliable vehicle and proof of auto insurance
- Successfully complete a criminal background check, DMV check, fingerprinting and pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must be able to travel throughout Monroe County (Gates, Greece, Chili, Brockport, Spencerport, Webster, Penfield, Fairport, Irondequoit, Hamlin)
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel and reach
Initially, you will be working in a companionship capacity. Your Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Companionship and conversation
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Alzheimer’s Care
- Ability to treat and care for seniors and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Complete a criminal background check, motor vehicle record check and drug screen
- Possess a valid driver’s license and valid auto insurance
Once Trained as an HHA, your Primary Responsibilities will be:
- Preparing and serving normal/therapeutic diets
- Assisting with bathing, personal care, and dressing
- Monitoring changes in client’s mental and physical conditions
- Light housekeeping
- Assist clients with self-administered medications
- Take, record and monitor temperature, pulse, respiration, intake/output
- Additional functions permissible under special circumstances
- Maintain and protect client confidentiality
We're Proud to offer the following to our caregivers:
- Paid Training Opportunities
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Scheduling - Part Time Available
- Immediate Openings with flexible start dates
- Supportive Team and Office Staff
- Referral Bonuses
- Bonus Plan
- matching IRA
- Discounted Cell Phone Rates
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Opportunity to make a difference in a community!
This document describes the general nature and level of work for the position. It is not a comprehensive list of its responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts and conditions. Professional Assistance for Seniors, Inc., reserves the right to modify the description in the future with or without notice. The responsibilities for this position are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Your employer is Professional Assistance for Seniors, Inc.