York County, Maine (Change Location)
Nurse Directed Home Care
Many families feel overwhelmed by care responsibilities when a loved one becomes unable to perform routine health tasks, like, remembering to take their medications on time. Managing this level of care requires specialized training – exactly what our nurses and Care Professionals offer.
Confident Highly Personalized Care
Our Care Professionals, specially trained by our nurse can make life easier by providing highly personalized care for common health conditions that affect families, such as dementia, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, heart failure, COPD, depression, arthritis and more. Our nurse directed care services may include:
Medication Management and Administration
- Help ensure your loved one is taking their medication safely by placing medication in their mouth if he or she is unable to do so.
- Crush or split medications as well as draw dosage for oral liquid medications, as prescribed.
- Take and document vital signs and report results to the nurse.
Wound Care Support
- Provide wound care with simple dressings.
- Assist with bathing when client has an open wound.
- Care for a new ostomy wound.
Diabetes/Glucose Testing Management
- Monitor glucose by taking blood sugar readings (i.e. Accuchecks).
- Give insulin as prescribed based on blood sugar results.
- Monitor INR by giving a point of care INR in your loved one’s home.
- Document results and report them to the nurse who will notify the prescribing professional of the results.
- Empty a catheter drainage bag.
- Remove or replace a pre-sized wafer around a stoma.
- Assist with constipation by administering a suppository.
- Give oxygen to your loved one, monitor saturation levels and adjust the oxygen flow to prescribed setting.
- Provide nutrition through a feeding tube using a pump or via gravity.
- Flush feeding tubes and provide medications through the tube.
- Change dressing around the feeding tube.
Foot and Nail Care
- Apply cream to a senior’s feet.
- Provide care to wounds on feet.
- Nail care on hands and feet.