Transitional Home Care in NorthernRhode Island
Preparing to Return Home After a Hospital Stay
Thinking about the returning home process right from the start is one of the best things you can do for your senior loved one. Discharge is a key point in the recovery process. Planning ahead and preparing for a safe return home can mean the difference between readmission and a full recovery.
Returning Home Transitional Care Services in Northern Rhode Island can include:
- Discharge coordination and execution – working with a senior patient's hospital staff to help create a plan of care.
- Medication management – assistance organizing and tracking medications to make sure they're taken as directed.
- Follow-up physician visit assistance – helping seniors keep track of and attend all necessary follow-up medical appointments.
- Nutrition management –providing assistance with food shopping and meal preparation to help ensure the senior maintains a healthy diet.
- Warning sign monitoring and notification – watching for warning signs and taking appropriate action.
- Record keeping – keeping track of the senior's recovery progress to share with his or her physicians.