Home Care in Potomac, MD by Home Instead
Potomac's Premier Home Care Choice
Home Instead knows there are times when you cannot be there for your senior loved ones. That is where we come in.
At Home Instead, home care is personal to us, and we are there for Potomac families to give you the peace of mind that comes from knowing you and your family members are in the best possible hands. Home Instead CAREGivers are experienced in providing the utmost quality home care and have a passion for helping seniors live safe and fulfilling lives in their homes. Home Instead prides itself on hiring only those caregivers who possess an ability to be kind, caring, and compassionate in every situation.
We will not send anyone into your home that we wouldn't invite into our own. It's that simple.
Full Service In-Home Senior Care in Potomac, MD
Most seniors are not happy at the prospect of having to live in an assisted living community, as they do not want to give up the independence and comfort of their home. A clear majority of Potomac seniors wish to stay in their own homes as long as they can. Home Instead's home care services allow them to do this, while also ensuring that they do not have to suffer for lack of help. Here are some of the most common in-home care services we provide:
- Companionship Care: Our warmhearted CAREGivers can help prevent your loved one from feeling lonely. Companionship for the elderly includes activities that stimulate the mind and keep the body active, such as: Going on Walks, Playing Cards, Listening to Music, Chatting, Creating Photo Albums, Crafting, Gardening, Watching Movies or whatever is most helpful for the senior and their family.
- Home Helper Services & Light Housekeeping: Our CAREGivers can help keep the home tidy and safe. We can help with laundry and ironing, taking out the trash, dusting and vacuuming, making beds and changing linens and much more!
- Personal Care Services: Having an outside caregiver help with personal care such as bathing, dressing and mobility helps preserve important family relationships and preserves the dignity of the senior. Our trained CAREGivers treat each senior with the utmost of respect in all personal care matters.
- Respite Care: Our CAREGivers can fill in for family caregivers to allow them to find time for their own lives and family, go on vacation or just take time to replenish your physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Specialized Alzheimer’s Care: Our CAREGivers are specially trained in our award-winning Alzheimer’s Care program and can work with seniors and provide the assistance and encouragement to help them cope with the challenges of Alzheimer’s.
- Healthy Meal Preparation: All of our trained CAREGivers can help your loved one with a healthy, well-balanced diet. From the grocery shopping to the meal prep, our in-home caregivers can provide meals that appeal to all tastes and dietary restrictions.
Potomac, MD Senior Care Resources
One place where you will find your tax dollars hard at work is at the many wonderful senior centers that the Washington Metropolitan Area has to offer. These centers provide a boost to the health of our senior community by offering a full menu of classes and activities that keep them mentally and physically engaged. Perhaps even more important is the role these centers play in easing the social isolation that so often plagues the elderly. For many seniors, the centers have been a cure for loneliness and a spot where new friendships have flourished.
- North Potomac Senior Center
- The North Potomac Senior Center is located within the Nancy H. Dacek North Potomac Community Recreation Center. This large center offers a wide-variety of exercise, health, sports, educational, wellness, and social activities daily. The center also offers workshops, short-term classes and introductory demonstrations, along with some regularly scheduled drop-in programs, sports activities (basketball, pickleball, volleyball, table tennis, etc.), informal social activities, exercise videos, lectures, and community services. The center also offers technology programs, seminars, lectures, and individualized services for those needing community or county-based services. Parties, entertainment, volunteer and travel opportunities, ethnic and cultural programs, and just plain fun round out the daily activity schedule at this location.
Senior Villages are a local volunteer-led grassroots movement that aims to support residents of the community who choose to age-in-place. The idea is simple: neighbor helping neighbor.
- Potomac Community Village
- Potomac Community Village works to enhance the quality of life for all members of our community. Our network of neighbors and friends offers assistance with practical needs so that people can stay in their Potomac-area homes as they age while enjoying stimulating activities and new connections. Volunteers of all ages help with transportation, errand running, computer problems, simple home tasks, pet care and friendly phone calls.
Places to Donate in Potomac, MD
- Donation Town
- Donate clothes and other household items in Maryland. Charities such as Habitat for Humanity and more will pick up your donations for free and leave you a tax deduction receipt.
Our Potomac, MD Home Care Service Area
The entire city of Potomac, MD is in our home care service area, including the following Potomac neighborhoods:
- Burning Tree Estates
- Willerburn Acres
- Carderock Springs
- Wildwood Hills
- Williamsburg Estates
- Inverness Knolls
- Potomac Woods
- Potomac Falls
- Heritage Farm
- River Falls