Forbes Magazine rated Home Instead as one of “America’s Best Employers”!
Home Instead is seeking caring and compassionate CAREGivers to become a part of our growing care team and join us for our 26th year of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Our office based in Covina, CA serves the communities of Azusa, Claremont, Covina, Diamond Bar, Glendora, La Verne, Pomona, San Dimas, Valinda, Walnut, West Covina and other surrounding areas. Our CAREGivers provide non-medical care to older adults, helping them to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
Why work for us?
- Signing Bonus Incentives up to $300
- We will reimburse candidates for any preemployment testing costs
- Competitive pay above minimum wage: $16.00 to $20.00 per Hour
- We only hire locally so you will work close to your home
- Paid training: classroom & self-paced
- Paid sick time, travel time & mileage reimbursement
- Direct deposit & referral bonuses
- Flexible schedules
- Personal client introductions
- Employee recognition programs & team celebration events
- Career advancement opportunities
- Team approach & a very supportive office staff available 24x7
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Companionship, conversation, safety supervision
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADL's): mobility & transfers, toileting and incontinent care, bathing, grooming, dressing and feeding
- Incidental transportation to appointments and errands
- Caring for clients with Chronic Conditions
- Specialized care including bed-bound care, memory care and use of specialized equipment
* The ideal candidate will have some hands-on experience working with the older adults, either personal or professional! Additional skills training provided by Home Instead. We will also train candidates with no experience!
Requirements to be a CAREGiver:
- We only hire locally: Candidates must live within three miles of the following cities: Azusa, Claremont, Covina, Diamond Bar, Glendora, La Verne, Pomona, San Dimas, Valinda, Walnut, West Covina
- Ability to treat and care for older adults and their property with privacy, dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Successfully complete the State of California Department of Social Services Home Care Aid Registry requirements (We will assist)
- Pass a criminal background check, TB test, DMV check and drug screen
- Possess a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Safe, reliable car that is available to you during work hours; must be able to drive
- Flexible schedule and POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- Priority given to candidates who are registered California Home Care Aides
Home Instead Covina operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offers a variety of shifts based on client needs (daytime, evening, overnight, 24-hour).
Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity and apply at https://www.homeinstead.com/182/home-care-jobs
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.