Recruitment and Retention Coordinator Job Description
Choice Services Inc., DBA Home Instead
Are you an excellent decision maker, who enjoys meeting with new people? Home Instead is seeking a dependable and energetic Recruitment and Retention Coordinator to join us in our mission to enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. This person is expected to successfully recruit, screen, hire, train, supervise, and engage a staff of CAREGivers, in order to provide the highest quality service to our valued clients.
- Reflect the core values of Choice Services, Inc., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise).
- Handle office responsibilities to allow a consistent full time networking effort, which is critical in building the business
- Greet and welcome each caller and visitor in a friendly, warm and professional manner.
- Determine each caller or visitor’s purpose in a pleasant manner and promptly notify the appropriate staff member of their call or arrival.
- Answer each employment inquiry in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Develop and implement new recruitment strategies online and within the community.
- Schedule and conduct applicant interviews in an efficient and professional manner.
- Following the Home Instead Standards; conduct reference checks, criminal background and motor vehicle check and drug screens on all CAREGivers.
- Execute hiring decision.
- Create and maintain all employment records including but not limited to I-9 form, W-4 form and all other employment related documents.
- Schedule and conduct CAREGiver orientation and all training including training required to meet Home Instead® Standards and additional optional training.
- Develop engagement strategies that utilize the 5 CAREGiver needs to promote CAREGiver retention and satisfaction.
- Schedule and conduct CAREGiver annual reviews and all supervision including regular performance conversations, accountabilities and problem resolution
- Work in partnership with the Scheduling Department to coordinate CAREGiver schedules with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and extraordinary relationships.
- Accurately monitor, mediate, and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing the software system.
- Prepare and publish the monthly newsletter within the deadline
- Evaluate and update all orientation and training materials as needed
- Plan and successfully execute all CAREGiver meetings
- Monitor compliance for local and federal labor and safety laws including EOE, ADA, FMLA, and OSHA
- Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
- Conduct Service Inquiries and Care Consultations as needed following the consultative sales process
- Participate in rotating on call duties
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Conduct client/CAREGiver introductions as needed
- Perform any and all other functions deemed necessary
- High school graduation or the equivalent; Associates degree preferred
- One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- This position will be responsible for overseeing all of the functions performed by the CAREGiver staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by Choice Services, Inc.,(d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise)
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with office standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the senior care industry
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly work
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, CAREGivers and the community
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Excel and Word
- Must have the availability to work evenings or weekends as required
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting
- Must have the ability to work as a part of a team
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills