Home Care Benefits for Veterans
In-home care in Marble Falls, TX from Home Instead allows aging Veterans to remain in their home, surrounded by precious memories, while receiving the care and support they need. We are proud to care for our nation’s veterans, ensuring their sacrifices are never forgotten.
Our Home Care Service Area
The service area for our Home Instead franchise covers Blanco County, Burnet County, Llano County, Lampasas County, San Saba County and Mills County. The major towns and cities for which we currently provide senior home care are:
VA Community Care NetworkHome Instead in Marble Falls, TX is proud to be part of the VA Community Care Network. The VA Community Care Network ensures Veterans receive timely, high-quality care, including care in the home. Veteran’s receiving care from their local VA medical facility can consult their physician about the home care services through the Community Care Network including:
- Personal Care Assistance
- Meal Preparation & Light Housekeeping
- Respite Care
VA Aid and Attendance Benefits
Veteran’s receiving care outside their local VA medical facility may be eligible for Aid and Attendance Benefits. Veteran’s and their surviving spouses must meet specific criteria in order to be eligible for VA Aid and Attendance Benefits including:
- Was the Veteran honorably discharged?
- Did the Veteran serve at least 90 consecutive days of active duty, with at least one day during any of the following wartime periods?
- WWII - 12/7/1941 - 12/31/1946
- Korea - 6/27/1950 - 1/31/1955
- Vietnam - 8/5/1964 - 5/7/1975
- Vietnam - 2/28/1961 - 8/5/1964 (Must have been in the Republic of Vietnam)
- Gulf War - 8/2/1990 - TBD (Must be active duty 2 years)
- If Surviving Spouse, were you married to the Veteran at the time of death?
- If Surviving Spouse, did you remain unmarried after the Veteran's death?
- Is there assistance needed with Activities of Daily Living?
- Are assets less than $80K? (Cash, checking, savings, CDs - excludes homes & car)
- Are you already receiving VA Benefits for Care?
If you feel you meet the criteria listed, we will put you in touch with an organization to assist you with the formal application process and answer any additional questions you have regarding the Aid and Attendance Benefits.