New Albany (Change Location)
Companion Care for Seniors
Loneliness and isolation are prevalent among older adults for a variety of reasons. Friends and family move away from the area, loved ones pass away, chronic health conditions make it hard to get out and about, and more.
However, we know that socialization is imperative for an older adult’s emotional and physical health and wellbeing. How can you help someone you love overcome an isolated lifestyle and boost socialization?
Discover the Difference a Caregiving Companion Can Make!
As an award-winning companionship care agency, Home Instead’s caregivers are fully trained and experienced in helping older adults live life to the fullest! We get to know each person as the unique individual they are, and then customize companionship services according to their interests.
The senior companionship activities we provide are limitless! Some of the many ways we can brighten each day for someone you love include:
- Engaging conversations and reminiscing
- Playing games and cards
- Taking walks at a local park or around the neighborhood
- Arts and crafts
- Knitting, gardening, golf, fishing – any hobby a senior enjoys
- Outings to museums, restaurants, shopping, the library, beauty salon – wherever and whenever a senior would like to go
- Exercising together
- And much more
Is Companionship Right for Your Older Family Members?
Companion care services are ideal for anyone who has limited socialization and community involvement. Anyone and everyone can benefit from having a buddy to enjoy pastimes with! A lonely senior is at risk for depression and other serious health concerns. Having someone to spend time with can change a person’s outlook and dramatically improve their quality of life.
What if a Senior Is Reluctant to the Idea of a Caregiving Companion?
It’s completely natural for someone to initially balk at the idea of a stranger coming into their home, especially if they have fallen into a more isolated lifestyle. However, we encourage seniors and their families to give it a trial run. Here’s why:
- Our caregivers are carefully matched to each senior based on similar personalities and interests, leading to a fast and lasting bond.
- All of our care professionals are fully background checked, bonded, and insured, for your peace of mind.
- A trial period offers the opportunity for seniors to meet the caregivers we have selected for them and to find out firsthand whether it’s right for them.
- If at any time, for any reason, a different companion is requested, we will choose another equally qualified companion immediately – no questions asked.
There’s nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by trying our senior companionship services!
Contact Us to Learn More!
We would love to talk with you about our companion care for seniors, or any of our other home care solutions to see how we can make life a little brighter for someone you love.
Contact us any time at (812) 213-7891 and request your free in-home consultation to learn more. Our services are available throughout New Albany, Borden, Charlestown, and the surrounding areas in Indiana.