New Albany (Change Location)
Chronic Illness Care for Older Adults
With so many older adults diagnosed with at least one chronic health condition, it’s important to know where to turn for trusted support. Our home care team is highly qualified and experienced in caring for those with chronic health needs. Contact us to learn more about how we can improve quality of life, safety, and independence for someone you love in Southern Indiana.
Steps to Effective Chronic Illness Management
A diagnosis of a chronic disease is life-changing, both for the person with the illness and their loved ones. Learning to manage the condition as well as how to cope with the emotions surrounding the diagnosis requires time, effort, and patience. It’s important to learn as much as possible about the disease, to access helpful resources, and to partner with a professional caregiver for personalized in-home chronic illness care.
The Role of Long-Term Home Care Services
If you or someone you love is challenged with a chronic health condition, our expert home care team is on hand to offer support in a variety of ways, such as:
- Providing educational materials related to specific health conditions
- Connecting you to trusted local and/or national resources
- Creating a customized plan of care to address today’s needs while monitoring and updating regularly to plan for future needs
- Offering transportation and accompaniment to medical appointments, procedures, tests, and any other outings
- Picking up prescriptions and running other errands as needed
- Providing medication reminders, so meds are taken exactly as prescribed
- Preparing nutritious and appetizing meals according to any specialized dietary requirements
- Assessing the home for fall risks and recommending modifications to enhance safety
- Offering friendly companionship to brighten each day
What Chronic Conditions Can Be Helped With In-Home Care?
Our home care services are appropriate for any and all health conditions! The goal of chronic illness care is to provide just the right level of assistance while fostering independence. It means never “taking over.” You or your family member remain in control. We follow your lead and make sure things are done just as you would like.
Some of the many types of chronic health conditions that can be better managed with home care help include:
- Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia
- Parkinson’s disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- And more
Ready for a Chronic Illness Management Partner?
Living with a chronic health condition is never something you have to go through alone. Our care team is ready to help and just a phone call away! Call us any time at (812) 213-4912 to request a free in-home consultation to learn more about the benefits of working with our experienced care experts. We’re pleased to serve individuals throughout New Albany, Clarksville, Floyds Knobs, Sellersburg, Jeffersonville, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today!