The Service Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling service for clients. The Service Coordinator is responsible for scheduling clients and CAREGiversSM in order to provide the highest quality service to clients with emphasis on creating extraordinary relationships. As Administrative Assistant you will be responsible for support of all office activities as well as promoting the office on social media and PR platforms.
- Reflect the values of KangaRew, Inc. d.b.a. Home Instead Senior Care #451.
- Have a solid understanding of the ClearCare system for the business and maintain CG and CL schedules, reminders and records.
- Ensure hours in ClearCare match CG availability and client needs while being accurate to services provided.
- Work with other team members to coordinate various aspects of a client’s care.
- Answer incoming calls in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Create and maintain client and CAREGiver schedules with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and the development of extraordinary relationships.
- Monitor, mediate, and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing the software system.
- Follow up with all client and CAREGiver issues to ensure their problems are resolved and communicated to team members.
- Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records in the software system.
- Assist in the design, testing and implementation of a responsive contingency plan that ensures 100% maintenance of Service Hours.
- Recognize and capture opportunities to increase service hours in scenarios to enhance and/or increase quality care.
- Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Assist with PR strategies to promote HISC and keep social media formats refreshed and updated weekly.
- Participate as needed in all CAREGiver meetings
- Produce designated reports for the business
- Meet HHS requirements for the business in the role of service coordinator and for the business overall.
- Assist with the maintenance of client information for associated insurance companies and submit in a timely manner
- Assist RM with CG’s and support training programs for CG’s to meet State regulations and Home Instead Senior Care Inc. standards.
- Conduct client/CG introductions as needed
- Take on-call when assigned.
- Field new client inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner, enter the information into the software system and work with team to communicate and prepare for the Care Consultation.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Home Instead Senior Care brand. Effectively present Home Instead Senior Care marketing materials and services to referral providers, including 1:1 meetings.
- Conduct Service Inquiries and Care Consultations following the consultative sales process.
- Perform any and all other functions and responsibilities deemed necessary
- Maintain client schedule 2 weeks in advance for 90% of our clients.
- Maintain “filled shifts” a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- Maintain updated and accurate CAREGiver availability and personnel information.
- Utilize 90% of CAREGiver availability each week.
- ReduceCAREGiver overtime to no more than 40 hours per week.
- High school graduation or the equivalent
- One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by KangaRew, Inc. d.b.a. Home Instead Senior Care #451
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, quarterly, monthly and yearly work
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, clients and CAREGivers
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
- Must have the availability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the senior care industry
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.