Berkshire County (Change Location)
Registered Nurse Case Manager
Primary Responsibilities of the RN Case Manager
Participate in Training Home Instead CAREGivers. You will be required to:
• Deliver Home Instead’s in-house personal care training program to new recruits.
• Evaluate personal care skills of Home Instead CAREGivers.
• Train CAREGivers on special equipment as needed.
• Prepare and deliver on-going in-service trainings from time to time.
Provide support, supervision, recommendations and education to CAREGivers, clients and family members. You will be required to:
• Communicate with stakeholders via telephone, Zoom, Home Instead’s Home Care Tablet, and in person visits.
• Counsel stakeholders regarding their concerns.
• Provide feedback regarding your observations.
• Provide recommendations on increased service hours when necessary.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with all clients and CAREGivers through phone calls, cards, and special events
Perform routine Quality Visits with clients in person or over the phone according to the QV frequency guidelines. You will be required to:
• Recognize and pursue opportunities to modify service plans to best support the ongoing needs of clients
• Counsel clients and families on quality assurance concerns and recommendations
• Counsel CAREGivers on quality assurance concerns after visiting clients
• Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records, both electronic and paper
• Work with other team members to coordinate various aspects of a client’s care
Perform a Personal Care Assessment for new clients and when an existing client is returning home after a hospitalization or rehabilitation stay. You will be required to:
• meet with clients and family members in their home, hospital or rehabilitation setting to discuss their needs and provide solutions in the form of a service plan and schedule
• assess the client’s functional capability, determining if they can bear 50% of their weight
• help persuade clients and family of their care needs necessary to stay home safely
• Update the plan of care in ClearCare
• Counsel CAREGivers on the updated plan of care
Manage Home Instead’s COVID Safety Program for CAREGivers and clients. You will be required to:
• Keep up to date with current COVID safety guidelines pertaining to home care.
• Communicate with and counsel CAREGivers, clients and family members on concerns, exposure, travel and vaccination opportunities.
• Manage supply and distribution of PPE.