6 Reasons Parkinson's Care Might Be the Best Option for Mom or Dad
Home Health Care delivers a more intimate and person-centered approach to care. A diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease can be scary and overwhelming. It's hard to know where your loved one will get the best care and attention for their needs.
We have good news. Moving Mom or Dad to a nursing facility isn’t the only option. At Home Instead of Sarasota, we offer Parkinson’s care in the comfort of home.
Almost 1 million people in the United States have Parkinson’s disease. This rate is expected to increase to 1.2 million by 2030, according to Parkinson.org. Home Instead has responded to these rising rates by offering a safe and reliable alternative for Parkinson’s patients.
Why choose Parkinson’s home care for your loved one?
Here are 6 reasons it’s a better choice:
- Home Health Care delivers a more intimate and person-centered approach than facilities can give. Our caregivers nurture relationships each time they’re caring for a Parkinson’s patient at home. Each of our caregivers devotes time and attention to your loved one. Our caring and focused approach gives the client dignity and respect. They’re never treated like just another patient, or a number. They are each appreciated and honored by our caregiving staff.
- Our caregivers specialize in responding to the progressive nature of Parkinson’s disease. This is vital to the successful management of this condition. Our staff is trained and experienced in providing a safe environment, which greatly reduces the risk of falls or injuries. Parkinson’s home care requires extensive knowledge of the condition, and we don’t take that lightly.
- We help our Parkinson’s patients live as normally as possible. Providing Parkinson’s home care means healthful meal choices, help with maintaining a clean and safe environment, encouraging independence with availability of hands-on care, assuring transportation to appointments and activities, and delivering emotional support to the client. By doing this, we nurture the mental and physical health of our patients.
- You won’t have to worry about Mom or Dad’s medications. Our Parkinson’s home care services include vital medication management. Prescriptions for Parkinson’s patients are often time-sensitive, and complicated. We provide medication reminders and assistance with self-administered meds. This means our clients are still able to be independent, but home health care removes the worry about whether or not they took their medication (or accidentally took it twice).
- Surveys on aging in place show that approximately 80% of people 50 and older want to remain in their homes and age in place. As we age, our healthcare needs rise, and the need for help to remain safely in our homes also increases. Pressure to move to a healthcare facility outside the home can lead to depression and loneliness. Often, Parkinson’s patients already struggling with neurological symptoms, pain management, and decreased mobility prefer to stay at home where they feel safe and comfortable. Home Instead gives clients the freedom to take that option.
- Parkinson’s home care is the ideal solution for those living with the disease. In a National Institutes of Health manuscript titled Moving Parkinson’s Care to the Home, home care is featured as the preferred option for Parkinson’s patients. This choice often meets patients’ health and safety needs better than others. Rather than the discomfort and burden of leaving the home for care, patients have the choice of receiving assistance in the place where they’re most comfortable.
At Home Instead, we believe that early recognition and planning for Parkinson’s help at home increases chances of successfully remaining in the home for the longest amount of time possible.
Does the thought of how best to provide care for your loved one concern you?
We’re here to ease your worries.
Parkinson’s home care in Sarasota is possible with Home Instead.
Call us at (941) 951-2242 and talk to a Parkinson’s home care specialist today.
*This content is the property of Sarasota Home Care Inc. and may not be reproduced or published in any other format without permission of the owner.