Home Care in Silver Spring, MD by Home Instead
Silver Spring's Premier Home Care Choice
Home Instead knows there are times when you cannot be there for your senior loved ones. That is where we come in.
At Home Instead, home care is personal to us, and we are there for Silver Spring families to give you the peace of mind that comes from knowing you and your family members are in the best possible hands. Home Instead CAREGivers are experienced in providing the utmost quality home care and have a passion for helping seniors live safe and fulfilling lives in their homes. Home Instead prides itself on hiring only those caregivers who possess an ability to be kind, caring, and compassionate in every situation.
We will not send anyone into your home that we wouldn't invite into our own. It's that simple.
Full Service In-Home Senior Care in Silver Spring, MD
Most seniors are not happy at the prospect of having to live in an assisted living community, as they do not want to give up the independence and comfort of their home. A clear majority of Silver Spring seniors wish to stay in their own homes as long as they can. Home Instead's home care services allow them to do this, while also ensuring that they do not have to suffer for lack of help. Here are some of the most common in-home care services we provide:
- Companionship Care: Our warmhearted CAREGivers can help prevent your loved one from feeling lonely. Companionship for the elderly includes activities that stimulate the mind and keep the body active, such as: Going on Walks, Playing Cards, Listening to Music, Chatting, Creating Photo Albums, Crafting, Gardening, Watching Movies or whatever is most helpful for the senior and their family.
- Home Helper Services & Light Housekeeping: Our CAREGivers can help keep the home tidy and safe. We can help with laundry and ironing, taking out the trash, dusting and vacuuming, making beds and changing linens and much more!
- Personal Care Services: Having an outside caregiver help with personal care such as bathing, dressing and mobility helps preserve important family relationships and preserves the dignity of the senior. Our trained CAREGivers treat each senior with the utmost of respect in all personal care matters.
- Respite Care: Our CAREGivers can fill in for family caregivers to allow them to find time for their own lives and family, go on vacation or just take time to replenish your physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Alzheimer’s Home Care: Our CAREGivers are specially trained in our award-winning Alzheimer’s Care program and can work with seniors and provide the assistance and encouragement to help them cope with the challenges of Alzheimer’s.
- Healthy Meal Preparation: All of our trained CAREGivers can help your loved one with a healthy, well-balanced diet. From the grocery shopping to the meal prep, our in-home caregivers can provide meals that appeal to all tastes and dietary restrictions.
Silver Spring, MD Senior Care Resources
One place where you will find your tax dollars hard at work is at the many wonderful senior centers that the Washington Metropolitan Area has to offer. These centers provide a boost to the health of our senior community by offering a full menu of classes and activities that keep them mentally and physically engaged. Perhaps even more important is the role these centers play in easing the social isolation that so often plagues the elderly. For many seniors, the centers have been a cure for loneliness and a spot where new friendships have flourished.
- Holiday Park Multi-Service Senior Center
- Holiday Park is Montgomery County's largest senior center, serving more than 500 adults over the age of 55 daily. There are numerous drop-in and pre-registration programs offered, including health and wellness lectures, travelogues, finance management counseling, and musical performances, just to name a few.
- Long Branch Senior Center
- The center provides a wide variety of programs for adults age 55 and older, including health and wellness programs, lifelong learning opportunities and social activities. In addition to exercise and fitness classes, the Long Branch Senior Center offers a weekday lunch program, entertainment and social activities.
- Margaret Schweinhaut Senior Center
- One of Maryland’s first senior centers, built in 1972, this 15,526-square-foot facility features a self-service library, billiards room, computer room, fitness center with aerobic and strength training equipment, multipurpose room, meeting room, art room, social hall with large stage, kitchen and an inviting lobby.
- White Oak Community Recreation Center
- The White Oak Community Recreation Center offers a wide variety of programs and services, ranging from physical fitness and sports to dance, music and art, along with social activities.
Senior Villages are groups of neighbors who organize to offer activities and services to seniors locally. Villages typically require members to pay an annual fee and then allow members to take advantage of services such as rides, home repairs, social gatherings and more.
- Silver Spring Village
- The mission of Silver Spring Village is to build and sustain a supportive network of neighbors helping neighbors remain in their own homes and be engaged in their community as they age.
- Senior Connections
- A local non-profit that provides an array of free services to Montgomery County residents aged 60+. From transportation services to grocery shopping assistance, this organization has helped neighbors for over twenty years.
Places to Donate in Silver Spring
- Leveling the Playing Field
- They accept a huge selection of gently used sporting equipment.
- Friends of the Library
- Accepts books, Magazines, CDs, Movies, Video Games, Comics, Board Games & Puzzles.
- A Wider Circle
- Accepting Furniture & Household Goods, Household Care Items, Personal Care Items, Healthy non-perishable food, Professional Attire and Accessories.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- International Rescue Committee
- Accepting clothing, baby items, cleaning supplies, furniture.
Our Silver Spring, MD Home Care Service Area
The entire city of Silver Spring, MD is in our home care service area, including the following Silver Spring neighborhoods:
- Woodside Park
- Indian Spring
- Forest Glen
- Downtown Silver Spring
- Woodside Forest
- Sherwood Forest
- South Four Corners
- Shepherd Park
- Clifton Park Village
- Franklin Knolls
- Wheaton Hills
- Wheaton Forest
- Wheaton Crest
- Goodacre Knolls
- New Hampshire Estates
- Sandy Spring
- Montgomery Knolls
- Viers Mill Village
- Connecticut Avenue Estates
- Glenmont Forest
- Rock Creek Woods
- Lamond Riggs
- Wilson Hills