Birmingham (Change Location)
Be A Santa To A Senior
HELP US BRING JOY AND COMFORT TO BIRMINGHAM SENIORS THIS CHRISTMAS!
Celebrating our 17th Annual Be a Santa to a Senior Community Service Program in Birmingham, AL, Home Instead provides holiday cheer by delivering gifts to isolated, older adults who may be alone or without financial means, and might otherwise go without any much needed essential gifts or visitors during the holidays. Sponsored by Home Instead, with the support of many community volunteers and area nonprofits and businesses, Be a Santa to a Senior brightens the holiday season for these older adults.
Here's how it works!
- We have worked with local senior care agencies, nonprofit organizations, area businesses and other groups to identify older adults who might otherwise be overlooked during the holidays. For example, we partner locally with the United Way of Central Alabama’s Jefferson County Meals on Wheels program, and also with UAB’s Heart Clinic.
- For many of the gift recipients, the gift they receive through Be a Santa to a Senior is the only gift they will receive for the holidays.
- The most requested essential items are things like blankets, clothing, slippers, socks, batteries, towels, gloves, playing cards, even toiletry items such as soap, shaving cream and shampoo.
- These gifts – while small – make a big impact and help area seniors beat the holiday blues.
- Our volunteers and program facilitators take precautions to ensure the gifts are safely collected and delivered to recipients.
Gift Buying Options!
Be a Santa to a Local Senior Today!
Purchase a Christmas bag (with handles) and fill it with NEW items from our list!
Label the bag "male" OR "female" and bring to our office by Friday, December 8th, 2023. Our office is located at 2059 Columbiana Rd Suite 105, Birmingham, AL 35216.
You can also purchase items on Amazon to be delivered to our office and we can make the bag! Click the below link to view the "Be a Santa to a Senior" Amazon Wish List!
- Alarm clocks with large numbers
- Bath towels and wash cloths
- Cotton handerkerchiefs
- Jar openers
- Flashlights with batteries
- Hairbrushes and combs
- Kitchen towels
- Full size lotions
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Crackers and sugar free candy
- Playing cards
- Slippers / socks
Thank you for helping our vulnerable seniors realize some happiness in these trying times.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR GENEROSITY!
For more information about the Be a Santa to a Senior program, call us today at (205) 822-1915 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org