Home Care Nurse (RN)
James Pitzner Enterprises, LLC d/b/a Home Instead
Objective:Home Instead of St. Paul is seeking a Home Care Nurse to join our team! Our office has been in business for nearly 25 years, providing quality home care services to local seniors in St. Paul and the surrounding suburbs who need assistance to remain safe and independent in their homes. The need for home care is growing in our community, and our friendly, supportive office staff is looking to add another full-time team member!
The Home Care Nurse is responsible for overseeing and carrying out all of the nursing responsibilities involved with maintaining a comprehensive home care license. The Home Care Nurse will ensure the ongoing satisfaction, quality, and safety of existing clients through regular contact, in conjunction with designated quality assurance home visits for clients who specifically receive nursing delegated comprehensive service. This position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgement regarding significant matters of quality assurances/clinical management/risk management and training of the CAREGivers for Home Instead. A clear understanding of RN regulations and responsibilities for Minnesota as related to nursing delegation to an unlicensed caregiver is important. The ideal candidate will be experienced, motivated, detailed and passionate about seniors receiving the best quality care as they age.
This is a full-time position, offering 25 - 40 hours per week.
Salary: $35.00 to $40.00 per hour
- Honor (Unlimited) PTO
- Flexible schedule
- Initiate and manage medication administration and/or nursing delegated comprehensive services to clients.
- Ensure that the company actively maintains compliance with comprehensive home care licensure through the Minnesota Department of Health, including reviewing, developing and implementing policies, procedures and documentation.
- Assist the Client Care team to maintain a current plan of care for clients receiving delegated comprehensive services. The plan of care must be updated at minimum every 90 days and documentation should be retained electronically or within the client’s file.
- Conduct regularly scheduled quality assurance home visits with new clients at minimum every 60 days for clients receiving medication administration or delegated comprehensive services.
- Schedule and conduct Nurse Assessment visits with clients receiving medication administration and/or comprehensive services at minimum every 90 days. Documentation should be retained electronically or within the client’s file.
- Conduct Nursing Supervisory visits for all CAREGivers in accordance with Minnesota Department of Health guidelines.
- Ensure proper documentation and maintenance of client journals: review CAREGiver documentation and collect service records for office file and keep journal stocked with appropriate documentation forms.
- Provide oversight, up to and including the instruction of initial and ongoing in-office and field training for CAREGivers.
- Conduct ongoing in-office and field trainings for CAREGivers.
- Conduct comprehensive services trainings with individual CAREGivers who are serving high needs clients receiving comprehensive services. The training must include a return demonstration performed by the CAREGiver and signed off/dated by the nurse. This documentation must be retained in the CAREGiver’s employment file.
- Act as an expert adviser regarding the medication services and delegated comprehensive services training given to CAREGivers.
- Keep detailed documentation of all relevant phone and in-person contact with clients, client representatives, CAREGivers and others.
- Review, create and keep updated the medication administration and comprehensive services records for clients receiving those services.
- Assist to oversee the Tuberculosis (TB) Infection Control Program
- Assist to oversee the COVID-19 response program, in accordance with current CDC and Minnesota Department of Health guidelines.
- Be available for calls requiring an RN response after-hours and every-other weekend.
Essential Job Qualifications:
- Assist with the medication and other comprehensive clinical services as outlined in the Minnesota Administrative Rules.
- Comfortably delegate nursing tasks as outlined in the Minnesota Administration Rules.
- Clear understanding of the rules and regulations regarding delegating nursing tasks to both other licensed and non-licensed employees.
- Maintain a current, non-restricted Registered Nursing License in the state of Minnesota.
- Experience in home care is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly work
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must be in good physical condition and have the ability to lift 25 pounds, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling and carrying
- Must have the ability to withstand periodic contact with dog and cat hair, dust, mold, mildew, smoke and cleaning solutions
- Must have the availability to work evenings or weekends as required
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting and in the field
Home Instead is a trusted source of home care for senior citizens across the U.S. and the globe. The heart of our company is our Mission: to enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Our founders, Paul and Lori Hogan, started Home Instead in 1994 in Omaha, Nebraska, when they realized, through caring for an aging family member, that there was a need for elder home care services to help seniors remain independently at home. They started a small home care company that has grown into a global network of franchise offices, each serving their own community.
Our St. Paul office was the first Home Instead office to open in Minnesota in 1997. We have been in business for almost 25 years, serving local aging adults in our community. Our experienced, professional team works together to ensure the best quality of care for the clients that we serve. Our CAREGivers receive comprehensive training, and work 1-on-1 with clients in their homes in and around the St. Paul area. As the need for senior care in our industry has grown, we have grown with it! We strive to stay on the forefront of the senior care industry, and are dedicated to being both the home care agency, and employer, of choice.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply with Home Instead today!
Apply online at our website. Also be sure to check out our local team!
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.