Gahanna, OH (Franklin County) (Change Location)
Home Care Benefits for Seniors
Home Instead believes quality of life has no expiration date. Our person-centric care helps people of all ages maintain comfort, connection, and quality of life in the place that they love the most. We provide “home care” no matter where you call “home”.
Hear from our CAREGivers!
Latest review from our clients
"Home Instead has been a life saver for us over the past year. Prior to initiating our contract with Home Instead and beginning Aricept, Ed was declining rapidly. He was calling us at all hours of the day and night, thus making it very difficult for us to manage his care from this distance. When COVID hit, we did not want to move him into a care facility without being able to see him, so we went the home caregiver route. Having your caregivers with him four hours a day, six days a week gave him a set schedule and ultimately helped him learn on how to depend on others for help. He is extremely independent and relying on help is difficult for him, so we were blessed. A huge thank you goes out to all of the caregivers who have spent time with Ed over the past year and to you and your staff who have been so cooperative in helping Ed to have a positive experience. I would highly recommend your service to others."
Reasons to Age In Place With Senior Care
In-home care offers benefits other types of senior care just can’t match.
- Care in the comfort of your own home. No matter where “home” is, receiving personalized care there can help seniors stay safe and well.
- Customizable, scalable hours and services. Personalized care plans can help meet a family’s needs now – and scale up if future needs require it.
- Minimize health exposures. Receiving care at home can help reduce potential exposures to germs that can cause illness.
- One-on-one care. Families deserve the undivided attention and focus on comfort and safety that only in-home caregiving can provide.
- Personalized care plan. Everyone needs something different from home care. Our person-centered care plans can help meet your family’s individual needs right now – and can flex to meet different needs in the future.
- Lifestyle continuity. In-home care can help a senior to maintain vital social connections within their existing community and circle of friends.
- Companionship. Seniors can build a personal relationship with their Care Professional to reduce loneliness and depression.
- Better health outcomes. The one-on-one care may improve medication adherence and nutritional status, which can improve health outcomes.
- Maintain independence and dignity. In-home care affords older adults a level of dignity and independence that institutionalized care simply cannot.
- Affordable. Compared to other senior care options, such as assisted living or a nursing home, in-home senior care may represent a much more affordable option.
Seniors Want to Age In Place
Would it surprise you to learn that 94% of surveyed senior homeowners said they want to live in their own home as they age? Probably not, because who wouldn’t want to remain in the comfort and familiarity of their home as they navigate the latter stages of life?