Our Social Purpose
Our social purpose starts in Lincoln, NE, but it carries on across the world.
The Home Instead network works to create a world where people own their aging journeys. We want all generations to age on their own terms - how and where they want, authentic to who they are as unique individuals, and connected to things that provide them with purpose.
This vision drives us to fearlessly create today, the world we want to grow old in tomorrow through our program Ready to Care by Home Instead®.
Ready to Care by Home Instead helps seniors age with greater hope and success – whether they’re our clients or not. Because we believe everyone deserves to age with grace and dignity, we strive to make that vision a reality by creating a world that is Ready to Care® for each other.From small acts of kindness to senior care charities, Ready to Care by Home Instead will arm you with tools to help make a difference. Our individual efforts combine to great and profound effects.
Giving Back to the Community
- Be a Santa to a Senior: We were blessed to have the opportunity to give back to seniors in Lincoln as part of "Be A Santa To A Senior" (BASTAS)! Due to COVID-19, this year's BASTAS had to look a little different. In order to keep seniors safe, we donated directly to local senior communities and organizations totaling $23,640. These donations allowed them to follow their own safety protocol within each of their facilities. The gifts that were purchased from these donations were distributed by the facility staff, who wore the proper PPE to keep themselves and their community safe. At the end of the day, we wanted our seniors to be safe and feel loved this holiday season!
- Valentine Card Drive: Thank you to all of our amazing partners for helping us bring this initiative to life! We were blessed to be able to work in tandem with seven Lincoln Elementary schools - Meadow Lane, Don D. Sherrill Education Center, Adams, Campbell, Randolph, Belmont, and Elliot Community Learning Center, to deliver Valentine's Day cards to local senior communities.
- JA Stock Market Challenge: Sponsor & Volunteer
- People's City Mission - Donation Drive: Our Donation Drive for People's City Mission of Lincoln was a huge success, and it was all thanks to you! With all of the generous donations, we were able to help people in need. Thank you to everyone who were able to donate and help support those in need. We were blown away with all of the support at this Donation Drive and it reminded us just how amazing the Lincoln community is!
- Meals on Wheels: Home Instead Senior Care Foundation donates $1 to Meals on Wheels America for each person that commits to regularly scheduling dinners at SundayDinnerPledge.com.
- Grant Program: Home Instead franchise owners have pledged nearly $1 million worth of care services through this program in partnership with Hilarity for Charity and the Alzheimer's Association. Alzheimer's
- Association Walk to End Alzheimer's: Home Instead has been a Platinum or Gold sponsor of the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's for 10 consecutive years. Home Instead Senior Care
- Foundation – Community Grants: Through charitable giving, the foundation supports non-profit organizations dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults.
- Home Instead Center for Successful Aging at the University of Nebraska Medical Center: Home Instead serves as an anchor donor and partner with the center, which promotes successful aging through geriatric care, research and education.
Ready to Care? Join Us