Thousand Oaks, CA (Change Location)
Senior Personal Care Services for the Elderly
Please reach out to your local Home Instead® office to review the range of services that may be offered.
Personal Care for our Loved Ones
Personal care for seniors and people with chronic health conditions is one of the most important services we offer here at Home Instead. At the same time, personal senior care is one of the most difficult subjects for families to bring up when they are discussing the needs of aging family members. Family members often shoulder the burden quietly and eventually become more of a caregiver than a loved one, with little time left during visits for quality interactions. This not only causes family relationships to deteriorate or become more awkward but can also result in unsafe living conditions when family members are not always able to be there or to provide the level of care that a trained professional would. This is why Home Instead provides senior personal care services from trained, screened, and bonded CAREGivers at any hour of day or night with a compassionate, friendly, and personal touch.
Types of Personal Care Assistance
There are many different types of personal care for elderly people and adults with chronic health conditions. In general, personal care for older adults includes services that allow individuals and couples to continue aging with as much health and independence as possible. These services are vital for families that want to enable their older loved ones to continue living in the comfort and dignity of home without sacrificing a high level of care. Home Instead can provide a helping hand with any or all of the following personal care needs:
- Bathing – Ensure a clean and healthy bathing routine without risks of slips or falls in the bathtub and shower.
- Grooming – Maintain the dignity and pride in appearance that elderly individuals deserve during their golden years.
- Bathroom Assistance – Retain a dignified life for older loved ones even as they find it more difficult to use the toilet independently.
- Dressing – Give your elderly loved ones the gift of daily assistance with tasks such as buttoning buttons and zipping zippers, which can become more difficult as we age.
- Mobility – Mobility services can include help with getting around the house, going for walks, or transportation around the community.
- Sitting and Rising – Many older people with mobility issues find it difficult to sit up, but Home Instead is here to help when loved ones aren’t able to.
- Getting in and out of Bed – If your aging loved one is now struggling to get in and out of bed, our CAREGivers can provide a helping hand.
The Difference with Home Instead
While there are various agencies that provide personal care, the team at Home Instead is ready to provide more. Our friendly, compassionate CAREGivers are trained to be discreet and act more like a personal companion for the elderly rather than a mere service provider. Every CAREGiver is pre-screened, carefully trained in Home Instead’s pioneering system of senior care and bonded for additional security. This type of care can really make a difference in the lives of seniors and their families in Thousand Oaks and throughout Ventura County area. Contact Home Instead today at (805) 370-0303 or submit an online request form to learn more and schedule a free consultation.