Understanding the Cost of Care for Aging Adults
Find Care That Enhances the Quality of Life
Evaluating Cost of Care
- Care Plan Personalization
- Companionship & Engagement
- Caregiver to Client Ratio
- Fewer Medication Errors
- Fewer Falls
- Fewer Hospitalizations
- Fewer Emergencies
- Fewer Missed Doctors’ Visits
In-Home “Assisted Living” for Seniors, based on your needs
Home Instead is a concierge home care company that provides a variety of services, sometimes bundled together, to fit our clients’ specific needs.
Our services are customized to every client, allowing us to provide better, well-rounded, 24-hour care. Our services include a higher level of hourly personal and personalized in-home care along with medication management, dementia care, and hospice care.
We also provide daily or weekly wellness checks, digital monitoring through a highly interactive, easy to use on-site system. And, our Client Care Coordinators, all of whom are certified in Gerontology and Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care, are skilled at Care Management and directing Hospital-to-Home transition services to ensure safe discharges that help keep our clients safe and well at home.
We bundle our services, depending on the needs of our clients, and would be happy to create a free Plan of Care that includes our various services.
Companionship PLUS (Personal, Chronic & Dementia Care)
|Respite Care||Hands-on Bathing/Dressing/Grooming|
|Medication Reminders||Transfer and Mobility Assistance|
|Dietary Meal Preparation||Exercising|
|Light Housekeeping||Alzheimer's/Dementia Care|
|Stand-by Assistance||Awake Overnights|
|Companion Overnights||Toileting/Incontinence Care|
Our caregivers are trained to care for clients with specific chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, and depression, as well as dementia.
Transitional Concierge Services
(Non-Medical Home Health)
Specially trained Care Providers work one-on-one to assist clients with:
|Hospital-to-Home Discharge Coordination|
|Post-Surgical and/or Post-Hospitalization Care Management|
|Ongoing Concierge Care Management**|
Scheduling Options/Additional Services
- Couples Care – Additional cost per hour/depending on services needed
- Senior Living Transitional Assistance
- 24-hour care available
- Ongoing Concierge Care Management** (available for all levels of care)
- Med Supervision (available for all levels of care)
Specialized Home Care Services
**CONCIERGE CARE MANAGEMENT: Provided by Certified Gerontology Specialists and Licensed health care professionals
- Care Planning
- Medication Management/Supervision
- Coordination of Medical Appointments
- Management of Ancillary Health Care Services
- Hospital Discharge and Coordination of Needs
- Home Safety Evaluation
- Ordering of Durable Medical Equipment
- Family & Caregiver Training & Support
- Supervision & Management of 100% of the CAREGivers
- Long Term Care Insurance Documentation Support for Reimbursement
- Dietary Meal Planning & Support
- Client Advocacy
HOSPITAL TO HOME DISCHARGE COORDINATION:
- Concierge Care Manager meeting in the hospital prior to discharge home
- Comprehensive planning with Discharge Planner and Hospital Physician prior to discharge
- Coordination of Discharge Plans with Hospital, physician, client and client’s family members.
- Development of Personalized Care Plan
- Doctor’s appointments and home health schedule initiated within 24-hours of discharge
- Implementation and monitoring of self-management treatment interventions
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly monitoring to ensure optimal results
SENIOR LIVING TRANSITION ASSISTANCE: progressive assistance with a gradual and smooth transition from independent living to an assisted living environment:
- Assistance with downsizing and organizing, both pre- and post-move
- Help with personalizing the client’s new environment
- Pro-active encouragement to join in appropriate activities
- Assistance with socializing and becoming familiar with the facility itself, and the area surrounding the facility
Financial Coverage for In-Home Care
Long-Term Care Insurance
Some long-term care insurance policies cover certain in-home care services. Check your policy to see if it covers the services you need at home. We work with many long-term care (LTC) insurance companies to bring you the covered services you need over the short- or long-term. We even compile and file the paperwork for you on a monthly basis.
VA Benefits… Aid and Attendance
The Veterans Administration also offers financial programs that help pay for home care. Anyone with military service during a time of war is eligible for Aid & Attendance – criteria met by seventy five percent of all veterans.
Veterans and their surviving spouses who require the assistance of another person, in their own homes or in assisted living – or who have a mental or physical incapacity – are eligible for additional monetary benefits:
- The maximum benefit amount for a veteran who does not have a spouse or dependent child is currently $22,938 / year ($1,912 / month).
- The maximum benefit amount for a married veteran is currently $27,194 / year ($2,266 / month).
- The maximum benefit amount for a surviving spouse is currently $14,761 / year ($1,230 / month).
The Aid & Attendance application process itself is challenging and can be burdened by red tape. However, Veterans Service Officers are available through local VA offices to help you through the process. In the Antelope Valley, call the Department of Military Affairs in Lancaster at 661-974-8842. And in the Santa Clarita Valley, call the Santa Clarita Veteran Services Collaborative at 661-753-3559.
And, check out this web site for more information on how to qualify: https://www.medicaidplanningassistance.org/va-pension-aid-and-attendance/
If you have questions about how to pay for senior care, give us a call: (661) 254-8701. We will be happy to discuss your options.