Kansas City Northland (Change Location)
Hospital & Rehabilitation Companionship in Liberty, MO
Hospital stays and spending time in medical facilities is sometimes a reality of the aging process. At Home Instead, we understand that these environments can be stressful and unfamiliar for your senior loved one. Additionally, hospital and clinical teams are sometimes busy or overburdened and not able to give your family member the one-on-one attention they need to feel at ease. This is where Home Instead's Hospital Companionship Services can help!
We can watch over your elderly loved one while they are in a hospital or facility, supplementing the care they are receiving from medical personnel during their stay.
Hospital & Rehabilitation Sitter Services
Let our compassionate caregivers be a steady, reliable presence in your loved one's path to recovery. Spending time in a hospital or rehab facility can be stressful, but our caregivers can be a reassuring helper and a one-on-one companion, dedicated solely to your senior's comfort and well-being. Our Care Professionals can help with:
- Providing reassuring companionship in a foreign environment
- Staying with your loved one through the night
- Seeking assistance from hospital/facility staff as needed
- Assisting with feeding and personal hygiene
- Monitoring moods and mental states
- Helping prevent Hospital Delirium
- Minimizing sleep deprivation
- Encouraging physical activity and mobilization (as appropriate)
- Preventing & Managing difficult behaviors
- Running necessary errands
- Document doctor and staff visits
- Monitor pain and discomfort
- Advocate for minimum disruptions
Hospital Companion Services can typically be provided in the following facilities:
- Post Surgical & Recovery Facilities
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Nursing Homes
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Memory Care Facilities
- Independent Living Facilities
Our sitter services offered in a facility are not meant to interfere with the staff at that location. Our professional, compassionate caregivers are available 24-hours a day to help provide a watchful companion for your senior loved one and peace of mind for you!
Prevent Hospital Induced Delirium
Delirium is a state of worse-than-usual mental function that can be brought on by a mental or physical stress, illness or sudden change in environment. This is a common problem for seniors and it affects more than those who have an Alzheimer's of dementia diagnosis (and it is not the same thing).
The risk of delirium goes up significantly during hospitalization or while spending time in an unfamiliar facility and it can often be missed by hospital staff who may not realize a person is more confused than usual. Delirium is also strongly associated with worse health outcomes. For these reasons, a one-on-one hospital companion can be an invaluable part of your loved one's hospital stay.
Our attentive caregivers are dedicated to the well-being of your loved one. We are a familiar, grounding presence for the senior. We are their advocate and your eyes and ears!