Kansas City Northland (Change Location)
Caregiver Jobs for Retirees in Kansas City, MO
Do you still have a passion for helping others? Are you looking for a way to give back, use your life experience and stay active during retirement?
Join our Home Instead family today! As an in-home Care Professional you can make a difference in the lives of our local seniors! The work is rewarding and you'll enjoy bringing in extra income while you enjoy your retirement. We offer flexible schedules with part-time or full-time positions, in-person paid training and an extremely supportive local office staff!
Caregiver Jobs After Retirement in Kansas City, MO: Phil's Story
After a 37-year career in nursing with Childrens Mercy Hospital our Care Pro, Phil, retired. When he had taken some time off, he took a job with a company that manufactures model airplanes, which had always been an interest of his. When that job ended during COVID, Phil decided to check out caregiving. His dad had had a Home Instead Care Pro and Phil liked what he saw.
The interview process was quick and easy, and Phil was hired. He started off with a part-time client and was later asked to work with Reggie. Reggie had gone to school for aeronautical engineering. Two months before graduating he decided to enlist in the military and went to serve in Vietnam. After his service Reggie became a pilot. With their mutual interest in airplanes, Phil and Reggie have a lot to talk about.
Phil’s goal is to make life enjoyable for Reggie and he is passionate about the care he provides. He also gets satisfaction from providing needed respite for Reggie’s wife, Jan. As Phil likes to say, “It’s not really work”.
"UnRetire Yourself" with Home Instead of Kansas City, MO
We find that many people have opted to ‘unretire,’ or return to work, perhaps in part-time roles, after their initial retirements. According to 2019 research conducted by the Home Instead corporate office, 53 percent of those soon to be retiring believed they were likely to return to work after retirement. Indeed, The News with Shepard Smith on CNBC aired a segment on retirees re-entering the workforce. One of the people featured in the story is Nyla, a retired dental hygienist, who recently became a Home Instead Care Professional. Jeff Huber, Home Instead CEO, was interviewed for the segment as well, to comment on the trend of older workers applying for jobs in the home care field.
We are welcoming retirees back to the workforce with open arms! We love our employees that are retirees and the job offers many benefits:
- Competitive pay that will bring in extra income to supplement your retirement!
- Flexible Work Schedules with Full-Time and Part-Time Roles Available. You can enter into the field slowly and test the waters to see if you like the profession. (Spoiler alert: You will!)
- In-Person, Paid Training and other continuous Paid Learning Opportunities
- Supportive Office Staff; available 24x7 to you and our clients
- Caregiver of the Month & Year Program and Quarterly Meetings because we love rewarding you AND we love seeing you!
- Drawings, Games, and Fun Activities year around (because we love to have fun)
- Caregiver Referral Program
- Home Instead Professional Polo Shirt Provided
- Office Lead Caregiver to provide ongoing support, training and encouragement