Nurse Directed Home Care
Please contact your local Home Instead® franchise office to review which services are permitted and available in your area.
Confident Highly Personalized Care
Our specially trained Care Pros can make life easier by providing highly personalized care for common health conditions that affect families, such as dementia, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, heart failure, COPD, depression, arthritis and more. Nurse directed home care are services performed or delegated by a nurse and may include:
Hello, I’m Ruth, RN with Home Instead.
- Administer medications by placing medication in a senior’s mouth if he or she is unable to do so.
- Administer oral, topical, inhaled medications, ear and eye drops
Vital Sign Tracking and Interpreting
- Take a client’s blood pressure with a digital blood pressure monitor and respond to thresholds.
- Take temperature and respond to thresholds.
Wound Care Support
- Provide bathing assistance when a client has a wound or dressing.
Foot and Nail Care
- Apply cream or lotion to a client’s feet.
- Emptying a catheter drainage bag.
- Change catheter drainage bag.
- Empty ostomy/ostomies.
- Adjust a flowmeter to the prescribed setting.
- Assist in applying nasal cannula or mask
- Monitor the oxygen saturation levels.
- Assistance with a sit-to-stand device.
- Assistance with modified diets.