Pasadena (Change Location)
Family Caregiver Resources
So many family caregivers are surprised at all the new skills that they must master in order to support their loved one’s quality of life. From time management to hygiene, family caregivers are pros at multitasking and problem resolution. Taking a moment, one can easily identify that the qualities & attributes that make a great caregiver are the same sought after by healthcare employers nationwide. From professional home care aids to industry leaders within healthcare, your caregiving experience can help kickstart any career.
Home Instead of Pasadena and Monrovia is pleased to announce a special speaker series called “Kickstart Your Healthcare Career Through Caregiving”. We will be inviting individuals that started off as caregivers to share their experiences and how they leveraged their skills and knowledge to help propel them into fulfilling careers.
Kickstart Your Healthcare Career Through Caregiving with: Dr. Greg Sanchez
Our first speaker in this series will be the Owner of Home Instead of Pasadena and Monrovia, Gregorio V. Sanchez Jr., Ph.D.
Dr. Sanchez will share how caring for his grandparents during his undergraduate studies helped prepare and shape him for a career in pharmaceutical development and ultimately as an owner of a Home Instead franchise.
Dr. Greg Sanchez will address:
- Learning about the variety of career options
- Turning family caregiving into a career
- How to get into the health care field
- His own personal experience in health care field
- Is the health care field right for you?
Covid-19 Vaccine Q & A With Dr. Greg SanchezDr. Greg Sanchez will address:
- Discussing the J&J vaccine
- The FDA approval process
- His own personal experience taking the Moderna vaccine
- How Adenovirus vector vaccines work
- Comparison between the vaccines
- Answering any questions regarding the vaccine
About Dr. Sanchez: Dr. Gregorio Sanchez Jr. received his Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Southern California and worked as a Research Scientist in the pharmaceutical industry for 15 years. His transition to a Home Instead Senior Care franchise owner was catalyzed by his experience as a family caregiver and his desire to provide the highest quality of care to the most vulnerable in our community.
Kickstart Your Healthcare Career Through Caregiving by: Krys Strong Client Care Coordinator
Our speaker in this episode is Krys Strong. Krys has a BA in Behavioral Science from National University in San Diego. Her background includes recruiting, staffing, and property management. She started off at Home Instead Senior Care in November 2017 as a caregiver and has recently transitioned to work in the office as a Client Care Coordinator
- So many family caregivers are surprised at all the new skills that they must master in order to support their loved one’s quality of life. From time management to hygiene, family caregivers are pros at multitasking and problem resolution.
- Taking a moment, one can easily identify that the qualities & attributes that make a great caregiver are the same sought after by healthcare employers nationwide. From professional home care aids to industry leaders within healthcare, your caregiving experience can help kickstart any career.
Free Professional Caregiver Training In Our Community With Dr. Greg Sanchez
Imagine a $3,350.00 value in FREE training and the opportunity to grow in one of the fastest-growing industries in the United States!
Dr. Greg Sanchez will discuss local free and low-cost training programs that increase your chances of obtaining higher-paying positions in the senior care industry.
Home Instead has partnered with the Monrovia Adult School to create a career opportunity for compassionate individuals and ZERO experience in caregiving! The Monrovia Adult School will provide qualified candidates throughout LA County access to their FREE training program that includes:
- 80-hour online course lead by a medical professional (Valued at ~$1600.00)
- FREE background check, TB & COVID testing, and State Home Care Aid Registration (Valued at ~$250.00)
- 100 hours of PAID on-the-job training and job placement at your local Home Instead franchise office!
- Monrovia Adult School No Cost Training: https://
- Monrovia Adult School: https://monroviaadultschool.
- Monrovia Adult School Phone number: (626) 471-3035
Elder Abuse Awareness & Prevention
Kathleen Coatta and Kristen Tachiki will discuss:
- What is elder abuse and neglect?
- Scams targeting older adults
- Risk Factors
- What to do if you or someone you know is a victim
- Preventing elder abuse through self-care
About Kathleen Coatta
-Kathleen Coatta, LCSW, is a Clinical Supervisor at Huntington Hospital Senior Care Network where she oversees the Resource Center, which provides information and referrals to community members on a wide variety of topics pertinent to older adults.
-In addition, Kathleen has been integral in developing and administering the Senior Caring Fund, a grant program to help seniors pay for medical needs not covered by insurance, and Senior CareLine, a social call program to address senior isolation at home.
About Kristen Tachiki
-Kristen Tachiki, LCSW is a Clinical Social Worker Specialist for Huntington Hospital Senior Care Network. Kristen is a part of the Resource Center which provides a variety of services to the community. Through her work, she facilitates support groups, engages in community outreach and education as well as directs client care.
-Kristen is passionate about her work with older adults and strives to provide the Huntington Hospital vision of creating community well-being through world-class health care delivered with kindness and dignity.
Adult Protective Services: (877)-477-3646 wdacs.lacounty.gov
Senior Care Network Resource Center: (626)-397-3110
Caring For Those With Alzheimer's Or Other Dementia: Dr. Lakelyn Hogan
Join us for this Facebook Live event with Dr. Lakelyn Hogan, Gerontologist, and Caregiver Advocate at the global headquarters of Home Instead as she shares her experiences supporting and educating family caregivers about caring for those with cognitive impairment.
Lakelyn Hogan, Ph.D. is a Gerontologist and Caregiver Advocate at the global headquarters of Home Instead. Lakelyn works to educate professionals, families, and communities on issues older adults face. She has a special passion for helping families navigate the challenges of dementia caregiving and connecting them with valuable resources. Lakelyn earned a Ph.D. in Gerontology from the University of Nebraska-Omaha and is a Certified Dementia Practitioner.
Careers in Caring: Expanding the Professional Caregiver Workforce in California
Professional caregiver roles are in high demand, recession, and pandemic proof careers with a bright future. Join Dr. Sanchez and Ms. Carpenter as they discuss some common caregiving myths, career advancement opportunities, questions to ask future employers, and what to expect in this dynamic and rewarding field.