Diabetes Home Care for Seniors
Managing diabetes can become challenging for adults as they age. Declining eyesight and normal memory lapses that affect glucose measurement or medication administration can cause blood sugar levels to rise and fall in an unhealthy way.
Senior Care for Individuals with Diabetes
Our at-home care for diabetes may include:
- Help planning diabetes-friendly meals
- Assist during blood sugar emergencies
- Social stimulation and companionship to maintain a healthy mood
- Oral diabetes medication reminders
- Prepare supplies and record blood glucose readings
- Remind self-administration of insulin on schedule
Latest review from our community
The aides at Home Instead treat my mom as if she were part of their own family. The office staff is responsive and incredibly helpful. As a nurse myself, I appreciate Home Instead’s focus on quality. I’ve recommended Home Instead to many and will continue to do so.