The path to retirement for most people is not always a clear line or direction that it once was. Some reasons you may be seeking to Unretire or stay in the workforce doing something you love –
Extra Income, Remedy for boredom, Social connections, Increased energy
If you want your encore to involve a greater purpose for you and those around you, consider being a professional CAREGiver with Home Instead.
Home Instead CAREGivers provide non-medical support to those who need assistance with daily activities. These include, medication reminders, meal preparation, light housework, laundry, errands, companionship, and assistance with personal care as needed.OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
* CAREGivers who are vaccinated against COVID-19 are eligible to work all available assignments. Vaccinated CAREGivers receive priority for assignments/hours do to high client demand.
* CAREGivers are using Company supplied Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)*
* CAREGivers are completing additional training on Infection Control and Standard Precautions to work safely inside a person's home
* CAREGivers are completing a daily electronic Self Health form that is submitted to the company
* CAREGivers are following the Company's Communicable Disease Policy and not reporting to work if they do not feel well
What does a Home Instead CAREGiver do?
As a Home Instead CAREGiver you would provide support, in the home of the client, with basic household duties (laundry, light housekeeping), meal preparation/cooking, errands, medication reminders, support with grooming, dressing, personal care, bathing, toileting, as well as incontinent care (as needed), companionship, and activities within the client's capabilities.
Our local franchise, with 20 years in business, has provided essential in home care to thousands of people within the areas we service and we could not keep doing it without our wonderful professional CAREGivers! We employ many people from various walks of life who are committed to working in a growing field and being an essential part of their client's daily routine. This allows our clients to stay in their own homes for as long as possible for their comfort and continued quality of life.
Part-Time Compensation and Benefits:
- 24/7 On Call Support with a large office team
- Company provided Personal Protective Equipment
- $15.15 to $17.25 per hour based on client needs and schedule
- Nurses on staff to provide guidance, training, and support
- Paid training during employment
- Work 4 hours a day, 4-5 days per week, and earn $16 per hour (example shift times: 3p-7pm, 4p-8pm, 8am-12pm, 10a-2pm)
- Paid Sick Leave
- Time and a half pay on special Holidays worked
- Part-time schedule
- Direct Deposit
- Referral bonus program for helping Home Instead hire more wonderful employees
We work to match CAREGivers with clients nearby to limit your commute times! We’re actively hiring for the following areas: Des Plaines, Park Ridge, Norridge, Skokie, Morton Grove, Evanston, Winnetka, Northbrook, and other Northshore communities.
- 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must submit to criminal background check, drug screening, and IDPH fingerprint check
- Must be available Saturday and/or Sunday if seeking FT hours
- Must have Reliable transportation - Preference given to those who drive their own vehicle *Company does not provide transportation
- Must be able to use technology such as a company provided tablet while on shift
- Must be able to provide unexpired documents for Background check, Drug Screening, Federal I9, E-verify, and Payroll purposes.
- Personal or professional experience preferred
Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity by completing an online application today.
Positions Include: caregiver, companion, CNA, C.N.A., nurses aide, certified nursing aide, certified nurses aide, HHA, CHHA, H.H.A., home health aide, home health worker, home care caregiver, care giver
Equal Opportunity Employer
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.