Nurse Directed Home Care
Please contact your local Home Instead® franchise office to review which services are permitted and available in your area.
Confident Highly Personalized Care
Our specially trained CAREGiversSM can make life easier by providing highly personalized care for common health conditions that affect families, such as dementia, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, heart failure, COPD, depression, arthritis and more. Nurse directed home care are services performed or delegated by a nurse and may include:
Medication management and administration
- Manage medication by crushing or splitting medications as well as drawing dosage for oral liquid medications, as prescribed.
- Administer medications by placing medication in a senior’s mouth if he or she is unable to do so.
- Fill pill boxes
- Document medication administration
- Coordinate care with other providers
- Perform enhanced Quality Assurance visits to monitor Plan of Care
- Delegate and train CAREGivers to perform tasks
- Provide client and family education
Vital sign tracking and interpreting
- Take a senior’s blood pressure and temperature.
- Interpret vital sign outcomes and respond to thresholds.
Wound care support
- Provide Stage 1 wound care with simple dressings.
- Provide bathing assistance when a senior has a wound or dressing.
Diabetes/glucose testing management
- Monitor glucose to determine blood sugar reading.
Foot and Nail Care
- Apply cream to a senior’s feet.
- Soak feet, file nails
- Emptying a catheter drainage bag.
- Remove or replace a pre-sized wafer around a stoma.
- Adjust a flowmeter to prescribed setting.
- Monitor the oxygen saturation levels.
- Turn on and off an enteral feeding pump.
- Perform manual (bolus) tube feeding.
- Flush feeding tubes.
- Change dressing around the feeding tube.