As a Weekend On-Call CAREGiver, an employee maintains open availability for the duration of the designated On-Call period, in order to provide Caregiving Services to established HISC Clients on a fill-in basis. The Weekend On-Call Caregiver will remain available during the hours of 6:00pm Friday through 6:00am Monday. Employee must maintain a cellular phone-in working order, on record with the company, to facilitate communication with the On-Call Supervisor who is responsible for directing the activity and assignment of the Weekend On-Call Caregiver.
The On-Call Caregiver is expected to be able to arrive at any location within the Service Territory of HISC within one (1) hour of notice from supervisor.
For maintaining an open availability during the designated weekend period, the On-Call Caregiver will be paid a retainer of $100 weekly. If the On-Call Caregiver is unavailable or unreachable by phone at any point during the designated On-Call period, the entire weekend retainer is surrendered. For any shifts actually worked at the direction of the On-Call Supervisor the On-Call Caregiver will be paid at 2x their standard wage schedule, regardless of overtime status or amount of hours previously worked.
The On-Call CAREGiver provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes. These services generally fall under four categories:
- Home Helper
- Personal Care
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care
Companionship services are those that stimulate, encourage and assist an individual. The primary responsibilities of Companionship services include the following:
- Providing companionship and conversation
- Providing stabilization and assistance with walking
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
- Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
Home Helper services generally involve light housekeeping, errands or incidental transportation. The primary responsibilities of Home Helper services include the following:
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Washing and ironing laundry
- Running errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments
Personal Care services are personal in nature and often include assistance with activities of daily living.
The primary responsibilities of Personal Care services include the following:
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with grooming
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues
Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care services are based upon specialized training which maximizes both the ability of both the CAREGiver and Client to cope with the ramifications of this family of degenerative diseases. The primary responsibilities of Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care services include the following:
- Possess an understanding of the disease and its effect on clients and their families
- Monitor and optimize the physical environment to be supportive and safe
- Maintain effective communication and manage difficult behavior using specialized techniques
- Assist in activities of daily living to preserve and maximize independence and dignity
Secondary Responsibilities include the following:
- Contributing to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Performing other reasonable duties as assigned
- Reporting hours according to office policy
- Reporting any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Regularly communicating with supervisor and office staff
- Attend all monthly in-services and quarterly meetings
The Employee must understand and uphold the policies and procedures established by Solicitude, Inc., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise). An individual must possess the minimum education, experience and skills to perform the primary and secondary responsibilities the job requires. Additional qualifications include:
- Must possess active CNA License
- Must be available to work within 1 hour of notice between the weekend hours of 5:00pm Friday and 6:00am Monday
- Must maintain working cellular telephone on file with the HISC office
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to drive and access to a reliable vehicle
- Must have a valid and unsuspended WI Driver’s License
- Must possess valid auto insurance
- Must have the ability to drive to client locations
- May be required to run errands and provide incidental transportation for a client using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle
Weekend On-Call CAREGiver Wages
- In addition to the $100 weekly retainer, Weekend On-Call CAREGivers earn $20.00-$44.00 per hour worked with a client during weekend on-call hours.
*Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.