Nurse Directed Home Care
Many families feel overwhelmed by care responsibilities when a loved one becomes unable to perform routine tasks. Managing this level of care requires time and specialized training – exactly what our Care professionals offer.
Please contact your local Home Instead® franchise office to review which services are permitted and available in your area.
Confident Highly Personalized Care
Our specially trained Care Professionals can make life easier by providing highly personalized care for common health conditions that affect families, such as dementia, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, heart failure, COPD, depression, arthritis and more. Nurse directed home care are services performed or delegated by a nurse and may include:
Medication Management and Administration
- Manage medication by crushing or splitting medications as well as drawing dosage for oral liquid medications, as prescribed.
- Administer medications by placing medication in a senior’s mouth if he or she is unable to do so.
Vital Sign Tracking and Interpreting
- Take a senior’s blood pressure and temperature.
- Interpret vital sign outcomes and respond to thresholds.
Wound Care Support
- Provide wound care with simple dressings.
- Provide bathing assistance when a senior has a wound or dressing.
- Assist with skin care when a senior has an open wound.
Diabetes/Glucose Testing Management
- Monitor glucose (i.e. Accuchecks) to determine blood sugar reading.
- Administer insulin and record and document findings.
Foot and Nail Care
- Apply cream to a senior’s feet.
- Provide care to wounds on feet.
- Nail care on hands and feet.
- Emptying a catheter drainage bag.
- Remove or replace a pre-sized wafer around a stoma.
- Adjust a flowmeter to prescribed setting.
- Monitor the oxygen saturation levels.
- Turn on and off a feeding tube machine.
- Flush feeding tubes.
- Change dressing around the feeding tube.