Caregiver Jobs for Retirees in Georgia
Do you still have a passion for helping others? Are you looking for a way to give back, use your life experience and stay active during retirement?
Join our Home Instead family today! As an in-home Care Professional you can make a difference in the lives of our local seniors! The work is rewarding and you'll enjoy bringing in extra income while you enjoy your retirement. We offer flexible schedules with part-time or full-time positions, in-person paid training and an extremely supportive local office staff!
You’ll also be in good company, as more than 50% of our Care Pros are over 50!
Eunice Miller, or “Mamom,” as the family called her, was a French Cajun woman; she was an amazing cook who wanted everyone who entered her home to leave “a little fatter and a little happier.” She filled the stomachs and she filled the souls of those around her, as she was a deeply religious woman who was selfless and giving.
True to her faith, Mrs. Miller put others first and moved past compassion to empathy. Her heart hurt when others hurt and her heart sang when others were happy. Says granddaughter Ainsley Miller Cohn, “You could see how much she loved you when you looked into her eyes.”
This beautiful soul was not only the reason for our franchise’s being, she is its daily inspiration, modeling genuine caring to its CAREGivers and all our local team. An integral part of her sweet legacy is the way her life embodied a Home Instead concept—a directive to “share your heart.”
"UnRetire Yourself" with Home Instead of Georgia!
Being a Home Instead Care Professional is such a rewarding job. With every shift you complete, you will know that you truly made a difference... and that feeling is priceless! It warms the heart and nurtures the soul 😊
We find that many people have opted to ‘unretire,’ or return to work, perhaps in part-time roles, after their initial retirements. According to 2019 research conducted by the Home Instead corporate office, 53 percent of those soon to be retiring believed they were likely to return to work after retirement. Indeed, The News with Shepard Smith on CNBC aired a segment on retirees re-entering the workforce. One of the people featured in the story is Nyla, a retired dental hygienist, who recently became a Home Instead Care Professional. Jeff Huber, Home Instead CEO, was interviewed for the segment as well, to comment on the trend of older workers applying for jobs in the home care field.
We are welcoming retirees back to the workforce with open arms! We love our employees that are retirees and the job offers many benefits:
- Competitive pay that will bring in extra income to supplement your retirement!
- Flexible Work Schedules with Full-Time and Part-Time Roles Available. You can enter into the field slowly and test the waters to see if you like the profession. (Spoiler alert: You will!)
- In-Person, Paid Training and other continuous Paid Learning Opportunities
- Supportive Office Staff; available 24x7 to you and our clients
- Caregiver of the Month & Year Program and Quarterly Meetings because we love rewarding you AND we love seeing you!
- Paid Sick Time
- Drawings, Games, and Fun Activities year around (because we love to have fun)
- Caregiver Referral Program
- Home Instead Professional Polo Shirt Provided
- Office Lead Caregiver to provide ongoing support, training and encouragement