Find care for a senior: 866-936-7457
Senior Care Cost Comparison
Average National Costs
$2,037 - $4,576 average monthly cost
In home care is a one-to-one service that helps older adults age safely and independently at home with the assistance of a caregiver. Services may include:
- Household tasks that the senior cannot manage alone
- Homemaker services such as cooking, cleaning or running errands
- Hands-on personal care
The above cost represents the national average for 20-44 hours of one-to-one care per week. Contact your local independently owned and operated Home Instead® office to learn more about hourly rates and services near you.
$4,300 average monthly cost
Assisted living facilities, also known as residential care facilities, provide personal care and health services for people who may need assistance with activities of daily living. Assisted living is an intermediate level of long-term residential care. The cost reflected above does not specify the average number of one-to-one hours of care provided.
$7,756 - $8,821 average monthly cost
Nursing home facility services may include: personal care assistance, room and board, supervision, medication, therapies and rehabilitation and skilled nursing care up to 24 hours a day. The cost reflected above does not specify the average number of one-to-one hours of care provided.
Safe and Sound -- At Home
Throughout our 27-year history, Home Instead has provided a safer, more-personalized option to communial care facilities. In a time when medical systems are overwhelmed, we've played a critical role in keeping seniors safe and healthy in their own homes -- and out of the hospital.
Preventing the Spread of Illness
Home Instead provides care to more than 45,000 people each day -- many who are immunocompromised or have serious infectious diseases. Our expertise in addressing the health and safety challenges of clients and CAREGivers has makes Home Instead the leading global network of frontline home care responders ready to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
Why Home Care
- Social Interaction: Nearly 1 in 4 seniors in the U.S. are considered socially isolated or lonely. In-home CAREGivers not only help seniors with everyday tasks -- such as cooking and medication management -- but also provide meaningful companionship.
- Safety: Home offers personalized, one-on-one care, which is oftentimes a safer option for your loved one than group settings. According to federal and state data, a staggering 10% of nursing home residents have died from COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic.
- Happiness: About 90% of seniors surveyed now want to remain in their home and age. Home care allows older adults the ability to maintain a sense of independence while still receiving the assistance that they want or need.
The Best Care for Everyone
As the global leader in home care, Home Instead services have been deemed essential by government agencies around the world in reducing the spread of COVID-19 and keeping vulnerable older adults safe. Home Instead CAREGivers follow federal, state and local safety protocols to reduce health risks while providing high-quality home care to seniors.