Off work because of COVID-19?
Looking to change careers?
Want to make a difference in the world?
We are hiring CAREGivers to work with kupuna NOW.
At Home Instead, all of our CAREGivers are considered essential workers. We are continuing business and hiring as usual, with extra precautions and protocols in place to keep you and our clients safe.
If you are a kind and compassionate person, then bring your passion for helping others into the homes of seniors, with Home Instead Senior Care!
We provide excellent training, so no experience is necessary – we’re looking for people with big hearts who are open-minded, have a positive attitude, love feedback, and are willing to learn how to care for seniors!
If you are interested in becoming a CAREGiver I, please visit our website https://www.homeinstead.com/797/home-care-jobs to apply today!
Home Instead Senior Care CAREGivers provide a variety of services that allow seniors to remain in their homes. These services are meant to enhance the quality of life for seniors. Home Instead Senior Care CAREGivers help clients and their families meet the challenges of aging with dignity, respect, care and compassion.
We are searching for compassionate individuals who want to use their life experience and interests to change the face of aging! Here are some of the many benefits of this rewarding career as a Professional CAREGiver:
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Wages after Orientation & Training starting at $16.50 / hour
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision benefits available
- Cash Bonuses for referrals
- Educational Assistance Program
- Ongoing support in the field
- Additional training programs
- Reflect the core values of Kukui Na Kupuna, LLC, d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise.
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Document daily activities and report any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Maintain regular and timely communication with supervisor and office staff
- Perform services based on the assessment of the client’s needs
- Provide Companionship & Home Helper services, including but not limited to:
- Companionship and engagement
- Preparing, serving, and cleaning up meals and snacks
- Providing oral medication, hydration, and appointment reminders
- Providing reminders about recommended exercises and nutrition
- Performing routine housecleaning tasks (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms – toilets, sinks, showers, bathtubs, cleaning kitchens, washing dishes, disposing of rubbish, etc.)
- Care of clothing and linens, including washing, drying, and ironing laundry and mending clothing
- Running errands (shopping for food, household supplies, clothing, other personal essentials, and picking up medications, etc.)
- Accompanying clients to medical appointments, nutritional or recreational programs, and community engagement activities
- Provide respite for family caregivers
- Provide Personal Care services, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with recommended exercises and range of motion
- Assisting with ambulation, mobility, transfers, and positioning
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence care
- Assisting with personal and oral hygiene, hair care, and grooming
- Assisting with bathing, skin care, and dressing
- Provide Specialized services, including but not limited to:
- Alzheimer’s care
- Other dementias care
- Parkinson’s care
- Behavior management
- Couples care
- Hospice support services (provide our non-medical scope of services in coordination with and support of Hospice in the home)
- Document client care both on paper and electronically
- Report work hours according to office policy & communicate changes in availability in a timely manner
- Participate in company-sponsored, ongoing training and social events including CAREGiver meetings
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
Essential Job Requirements:
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate with clients, their ‘ohana, and the office in a friendly and congenial manner
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
- Complete a fingerprinting and criminal background check, motor vehicle record check, pre-employment drug screen, professional and personal reference checks, and a TB clearance
- Possess a valid driver’s license and auto insurance (to be an authorized driver for client care)
- Possess and be able to use a smart phone for electronic documentation
- Certificate of completion of the basic nurse aide course in a Hawaii state-approved nurse aide training program or an equivalent course
This document describes the general nature and level of work for the position. It is not a comprehensive list of its
responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, and conditions. Your employer reserves the right to modify the description in the future with or without notice. The responsibilities for this position are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities
If you are interested in becoming a CAREGiver II, please visit our website https://www.homeinstead.com/797/home-care-jobs to apply today!
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.