Full-Time Home Health Aide
We are Home Instead. We’re constantly recruiting the most professional and compassionate people to join us in our mission to deliver the best care to seniors. Discover a culture where CAREGivers? are truly valued.
We are looking for someone compassionate, humble & self-motivated. We want someone who pays attention to the details yet also sees the big picture. We desire someone who is a team player yet can work independently.
That’s where you come in! As a caregiver, you’ll spend your days providing personalized quality care to seniors, enabling them to age in place in the comfort of their own home, wherever that may be.
If that sounds like your jam, we’d love to talk with you.
About the Role
- Guaranteed pay of 35 hours per week.
- Weekday availability Monday through Friday 8am-8pm, and every other weekend.
- Ability to work up to 3 holidays per year.
- You will provide all levels of care for seniors who live in St. Charles County, as well as parts of Lincoln & Warren Counties.
- You will participate in our world-class CAREGiver? training program which will give you the confidence to step into any home and deliver the best care.
- You will be encouraged and paid to participate in on-going online education.
- You will be invited and paid to attend Quarterly CAREGiver? meetings where you’ll have the opportunity to meet other CAREGivers? and share experiences with one another.
- You will receive encouragement & support from our office staff.
Typical Tasks in the life of a CAREGiver? might look something like this:
- Provide companionship to clients.
- Help with light housekeeping tasks & meal preparation that a senior may no longer be able to do for themselves.
- Give medication reminders.
- Assist with toileting, bathing, dressing, and ambulation.
- Run errands or drive clients to appointments.
- Encourage and care for those living with Alzheimer’s or other dementias.
- Work closely with our Scheduling & Client Care Coordinators, regarding caregiver availability and changing client needs.
You will also work with:
- Franchise Owner
- Engagement Coordinator
- Client Care Coordinator
- Scheduling Coordinator
- Office Administrator
- Director of Community Outreach
- Billing Coordinator
- You have a compassionate heart and want to provide quality care to seniors, enabling them to live at home longer and safer.
- You understand the importance of a good work ethic. You have integrity on and off the job.
- You’re comfortable with change. You understand the schedule of a caregiver is very fluid as needs often change in the lives of seniors.
- You’re self-motivated and can work independently. Working independently is something you enjoy and have experience in. You take the initiative to make sure that you have everything you need to work efficiently and will call for support when required.
- You are responsible. You know your clients are depending on you to be there for them.
- You love learning. You might not have the experience required for all areas of this role, but you’re excited by the prospect of growing and learning.
- Short-Shift Bonuses for shifts under 4 hours
- Overtime & Holiday Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid Classroom & Hands-On Training
- Paid continuing online education
- Client & Caregiver Referral Bonuses
- Availability of dental, vision, and supplemental health insurance options
- Company-matching IRA
Home Instead was founded in 1994 by Paul & Lori Hogan to help aging adults stay engaged in everyday life with tailor-made support to stay safe and well at home. As a network, Home Instead now has over 1,000 franchises worldwide.
Mark & Angie Adkisson opened the St. Peters Home Instead in 2013 where they have served the St. Charles County area, as well as parts of Lincoln and Warren Counties, for the past eight years.
Our local franchise was recognized in the Top Ten of all Home Instead franchises by J.D. Powers & Associates for the highest employee and client satisfaction scores in 2019 and 2020.
We give back to our community through the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, as well as through our Annual Baby Doll Drive which provides baby dolls to several local memory care communities.
How to apply
- Apply for this position at www.homeinstead.com/782/home-care-jobs/
- The second step will be an exploratory call. We will answer questions you have about the company, learn about you, and talk about past work experience.
- The third step is an in-office interview with key players on our team.
- Next, we’ll extend an offer or decline.
- Lastly, we’ll invite you to our 2-day Orientation & Training classes, as well as schedule your hands-on training with a lead caregiver in the home of a client.
The entire process should take no longer than 14 days.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.