This is a good position for someone who wants to work part-time (e.g. 10-20 hours a week), wants to make a difference in the lives of seniors, and is interested in training/mentoring home care professionals.
Job Description For Flexible Part-time/Per Diem Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
- Currently licensed to practice professional nursing in Florida pursuant Chapter 464 F.S.
- One year as a registered nurse (RN) in a Hospital, Home Health Agency or a Skilled Nursing Facility, Private Duty Home Health Agency experience preferred.
- Strong assessment of personal care needs and planning skills.
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and supervise home health aides.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others.
The RN’s responsibilities include:
- Evaluate client appropriation for non-medical home health services.
- Develop a personal care assignment for the home health aide in collaboration with the client, the family / caregivers involved in the care;
- Coordinate the services provided by Home Instead with other health care providers when applicable;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients through quality assurance (QA) visits, supervisory visits, phone calls, correspondence, and special events;
- When requested, provide employee education, public education, training or in-service on home health related topics.
- When requested, assist staff at local health fairs, community service events or marketing events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills essential as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as required
- Knowledge of the senior-care industry preferred
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.