September is the Month to focus on Alzheimer's In-Home Care
September is World Alzheimer’s Month and 2021 is the 10th year that people are coming together to amplify awareness for this disease. You may be asking yourself what exactly is Alzheimer’s and why do we need to bring awareness for it? Alzheimer’s is a form of dementia that affects the memory part of the brain and the behavior part of the brain. Around the globe, more than 50 million people are living with this disease. Many of these people do not have the capability to advocate on their own, so that is why it is important for us to take a stand.
The Alzheimer’s Association has identified the following 10 signs of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life.
- Challenges in planning or solving problems.
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks.
- Confusion with time or place.
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships.
- New problems with words in speaking or writing.
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps.
- Decreased or poor judgment.
- Withdrawal from work or social activities.
- Changes in mood and personality.
Have additional questions about Alzheimer’s or how you can receive help with your loved one? Contact us today at our Clarksville, TN office at (931) 648-7800.