Find fulfillment through a career as a professional caregiver
We highly value our Care Pros, and that’s why we asked Care Pro Christie to tell you what it can be like to work with Home Instead®.
Hear from Robin
My caregiving skills:
- Being a positive force in someone's life
- Assisting with bathing & hygiene
- Helping with activities of daily living
- Preparing meals and snacks
- Performing light household tasks
- Listening and chatting
- Assisting with transportation needs
- Building professional relationships with my clients
- Being observant for changes in my clients health and well-being
Professional Caregiving Q&A
I make scheduled visits to seniors’ homes to provide companionship and help them with everyday tasks. Sometimes that means going to their family home, and other times it means serving them in a care facility.
Every day is different, and I love that variety! One day I might be cooking lunch and playing cards with a client, and the next day I may be helping a different client. No matter what tasks I’m performing, I leave each shift with a deep sense of accomplishment.
I’d have to say that I enjoy getting to know my clients and being able to have a positive effect in their lives. I feel valued in my role as a Home Instead Care Pro and I love making a difference every day in the lives of the clients I support.