Give your passion a purpose - Join our Home Instead family where you can laugh, learn, and love!
CAREGiver Job Description (Part Time and Full Time Positions Available in and near Grand Rapids, MI. Locations include Kent County, South Grand Rapids, and surrounding cities such as – Wyoming, Grandville, Kentwood, East GR, Holland, Jenison, and Caledonia.)
BVN Management, LLC d/b/a Home Instead
The CAREGiver/CNA/Home Health Aide/Personal Care Aide is expected to provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain safe in their homes. Services are individualized per client to their unique Care Plans. Care Plans are designed to enhance the quality of life for seniors. A Home Instead CAREGiver will help clients and their families meet the challenges of aging with dignity, pride, care, and compassion.
We have immediate openings for both part time and full-time positions for CAREGivers, CNA's, Home Health Aides, and Personal Care Aides.
Our starting wage for Part Time is $10.50 an hour. Full Time starting wage ranges from $11 to $12 an hour. Raised are based upon experience directly with our franchise. Paid training is provided for all.
- WEEKLY PAYCHECKS paid on Friday, following the week worked!
- Paid training and continued education for success as a CAREGiver.
- Competitive* Pay Range of $10.50 - $12 an hour. (*compared to similar companies.)
- Travel Pay and Mileage reimbursement, during shifts worked.
- Rewarding and meaningful career - No two shifts are the same!
- 24/7 support and assistance from your Key Players.
- Match process with a focus on Client/CAREGiver matches to ensure great care and compatible working relationships.
- Clients within a desired or preferred area in our territory.
- Career path opportunities with advancement into Lead, Mentor, or Key Player positions
- CAREGiver Meetings that include celebration, education, recognition, and meals!
- Fellowship with other CAREGivers through Mentor Program and other opportunities to connect.
- Verizon and Sprint cell phone discount.
- CAREGiver Bonuses! Referral Bonus and other bonus opportunities apply!
Essential Job Requirements:
- Work within the availability that you submit at hire. Work scheduled shifts.
- Have reliable transportation for scheduled shifts.
- Have a valid driver's license or State ID.
- Use a phone, mobile app, or computer regularly.
- Attend CAREGiver meetings.
- Communicate on a regular basis with immediate supervisor/scheduler.
- Lift, push or pull maximum of 25 pounds
- Bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach
- Complete a criminal background check, DMV check, pre-employment drug screen, and reference checks
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust and ability to use cleaning solutions
- Treat clients, their families, and their property with dignity and respect
- Adapt to various living environments and locations
- Communication with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Reflect the core values of BVN Management, LLC . dba an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client's quality of life.
- Document daily activities in Client Log Sheets and report changes in a client's needs or living conditions.
- Provide training, mentoring, clerical and administrative support as assigned.
- Maintain regular communication with immediate supervisor and office staff.
Companionship Services could include:
- Companionship and conversation to stimulate health and wellbeing.
- Providing appointment reminders.
- Transporting to activities, appointments, or errands.
- Running errands or grocery shopping.
Home Helper Services could include:
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items.
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (such as dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Washing and ironing laundry.
Personal Care Services could include:
- Assisting with bathing.
- Assisting with grooming.
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues.
- Changing briefs or soiled clothing.
- Assisting with dressing/re-dressing.
- Assisting with ambulation, transfers, turning, and rolling.
- Assisting with feeding.
- Provide medication reminders.
Provide Specialized services which could include:
- Advanced Alzheimer's/Dementia Care/Memory Care
- Hospice Support/End of Life Care
- Advanced Personal Care services
- One year experience in home care, health care, or senior-related industry preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- High School degree
- Must possess a valid driver's license or state ID.
Time spent with clients can vary from two to twelve hours per shift, depending on individual client needs and CAREGiver availability. On average, we spend about 3 or 4 hours with each Client per shift.
This allows opportunities for us to work with you to design a schedule that fits your lifestyle around schooling, another job, your family needs, your personal time, etc. by stacking shifts or working within other factors.
If you are looking for a job opportunity where you are treated like family in a company that celebrates your successes and is compassionate in your struggles, where you feel joy helping others with daily tasks, this is where you belong.
Submit an Application by selecting “Apply Now". If you have further questions or would like to meet us right away, please call our office at 616-988-7878 and ask for an interview!
We can't wait to meet you.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.