This position is for weekend shifts. If you can't work weekends, please apply for one of our other positions.
How would you like to know you made a difference at the end of each day? Home Instead is actively hiring for weekend in-home caregiver positions in the Central Houston, TX area, including West University, Bellaire, The Heights, Medical Center, River Oaks, Mid-town, Museum District, Montrose. We have a variety of shifts available including days, evenings and overnights. No certifications required, although CNAs and HHA’s strongly encouraged to apply.
Our CAREGivers provide one-on-one care to seniors, allowing them to stay in the home they love. From companionship and home helper services to assistance with personal care and Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, Home Instead provides you with the training to ensure you have the skills needed to care for your clients. With office support available 24 hours a day, you are never alone; we are always here to help. And to protect our clients, CAREGivers and families from COVID-19, Home Instead provides PPE including masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap and other items as needed to create a safe environment.
See what our CAREGivers are saying! https://www.homeinstead.com/location/582/home-care-jobs/caregiver-testimonials/
Benefits of being a Home Instead CAREGiver:
- Salary range from $11.50 to $12.50 per hour, based on experience of the candidate
- Higher rates for short shifts, couples care and specialized care
- $250 Signon Bonus when you meet certain hours worked thresholds
- Work flexible hours to suit your needs
- Access to affordable medical, dental and vision benefit plans
- Work close to home: You will be serving seniors in your own community. We may even be able to match you with a client who lives in your neighborhood.
- Receive in-person, paid training, including training about complex diseases like Alzheimer's.
- Access to Empower, our online training system where you can take web based courses right on your smartphone
- Enjoy competitive compensation
- Be eligible for a retirement plan with up to 3% company match
....but the real payoff comes from the satisfaction of knowing you made one family's life a little happier and less stressful today. As a Home Instead CAREGiver, you experience the privilege of giving back to your community with every shift you complete. That feeling is priceless.
* DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS POSITION, CANDIDATES SHOULD LIVE INSIDE OR NEAR 610 LOOP (Central Houston) *
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Companionship and conversation
- Light housekeeping and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Assistance with grooming and bathing
- Assistance with toileting and incontinence issues
- Ambulation and transfer assistance
- Alzheimer’s & dementia care and support
- Incidental transportation and errands
*Skills training provided by Home Instead*
Requirements to be a CAREGiver:
- Ability to treat and care for seniors and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Complete a criminal background check, DMV check and drug screen
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and valid auto insurance
- Must have reliable transportation
We have a variety of shifts available with competitive pay and benefits. Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity at www.homeinstead.com/582
Each Home Instead franchise office is independently owned and operated.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.