Objective: Hardings Beach LLC, DBA Home Instead in Pittsford is seeking a Part Time RN to work on both the non-licensed companion side and the Licensed Home Care Service Agency (LHCSA) side of business. The Care Coordinator-RN performs a variety of professional services that relate to client or patient care including care consultations with potential clients and family members, client/CAREGiver/Aide introductions and quality assurance visits with existing clients.RN will use a consultative sales approach to determine each individual client's needs to provide solutions and create a tailored care plan.
- The RN Care Coordinator is responsible for the assessment of patient and family needs and the development, documentation, implementation and evaluation of an appropriate plan of care in collaboration with the patient’s attending physician if needed.
- The RN is responsible for making ongoing revisions to the care plan in response to the client’s changing needs to promote optimal outcomes. In addition, the RN is responsible for communicating all changes in patient status to the appropriate team members in a timely manner.
- The RN maintains a high regard for client privacy in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Reflect the core values of Hardings Beach LLC, d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise.
- Meet with potential clients and family members to discuss their needs and provide solutions in the form of a care plan.
- Conduct Service Inquiries and Care Consultations as needed following the consultative sales process.
- Maintain ongoing communication and a consistent follow-up schedule with potential clients and families who have yet to commit to service.
- Conduct client/CAREGiver or Aide introductions with every new client and with every new CAREGiver or Aide The RN Care Coordinator will supervise the care provided by the CAREGiver or Aide.
- Plan and execute a schedule that ensures each client has at minimum one quality assurance visit per quarter.
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with clients, family members, the franchise owner, colleagues and CAREGivers, and referral providers/care providers.
- Work with clients and their families on issues that may arise to ensure they are resolving issues as well as receiving the care as outlined on their care plan.
- Ability to act as liaison between the client, their family, CAREGivers, Aides or other providers involved in the care of the client, and the franchise office to ensure that the necessary care is provided.
- Initiates client discharge plan referring to other agencies or services as apppropriate
- Must have the ability to use critical thinking skills to be able to make safe care management decisions.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Participate in RN on-call rotation
- Participate as needed in all CAREGiver meetings and/or Staff Meetings
- Conduct Patient and Family Education sessions as needed
- Perform any and all other functions deemed necessary under the guidance of the Director of Patient Services or the General Manager.
- A graduate from an accredited school of nursing, with a valid nursing degree is required.
- One year experience in medical/surgical nursing, home care or senior-related industry required, an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Must possess a valid driver's license Must be adept with technology and utilization of smart phone technology
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with office standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the senior care industry Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly work
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, CAREGivers and the community
- Must have the ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Excel and Word Must have the availability to work evenings or weekends as required
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting Must have the ability to work as a part of a team
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.