Part-Time Nurse Case Manager
Sando’s Care Corporation d.b.a Home Instead
The Nurse Case Manager position will provide professional services and care to seniors through an interdisciplinary approach. Our independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise business is looking to expand on our scope capabilities through consultation, assessment, planning, and evaluation by supporting the best possible outcomes for our seniors/clients. This position will have knowledge on case management theory with a consultative approach for our clients/families. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of payor sources such as long-term care insurance, Medicaid and Medicare Advantage as well as other federal, state/provincial, and local regulations. The Nurse Case Manager position will manage and lead our team of CAREGivers through training and nurse delegation to assure the highest standard of quality care and safety is given for our clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Establish working knowledge of all business policies and procedures, including those governing delegation, supervision, and training and ability to reference them from appropriate sources.
- Assess the patient; collect and document the patient’s current health status and medical history. Complete and/or review client data as defined by policy and procedure. Make accurate and ongoing assessment of client’s status and respond appropriately.
- Set priorities for nursing action in logical sequence according to client’s needs and plan of care.
- Create a client plan of care, after the initial assessment and evaluation visit with clients, and coordination with other providers for the client, to meet client needs. Review the plan of care as often as the severity of the client’s condition requires, at minimum every 60 days or more frequently if required by state rules.
- Update the plan of care based on all aspects ongoing assessments.
- Determine where delegation of nursing services is appropriate in accordance with applicable regulations, individual client condition, and each assigned team member’s training and demonstrated competency, and maintain documentation of all factors evaluated in making the determination(s).
- Based on ongoing assessment of client status, accurately and completely document care to reflect nursing interventions, client responses to care provided, client needs, problems, capabilities, limitations and progress toward goals.
- Communicate with the entire healthcare team (internal & external) to eliminate barriers to efficient delivery of care assessment. Documentation of medical orders is handled promptly as required by policy and procedure.
- Available for remote and regular on-site supervision of the provision of services by CAREGivers as needed to ensure quality of care, client safety, and meet state standards.
- Administer clinical services within Home Instead scope, that require a professional license in conjunction with our policies and procedures. Observe, report and document the client’s response to above.
- Determine the ability and appropriate technical skills when administering treatments and procedures in accordance with physician’s orders and policy and procedure.
- Demonstrate ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner.
- Exhibit ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary. Organize job functions and work area to be able to effectively complete varied assignments within established time frames.
- Give thorough, concise reports to CAREGivers about client’s needs, which communicate pertinent information in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate working knowledge and implementation of infection control practices.
- Develop CAREGiver instructions based on the assessment of the client personal care needs.
- Supervises the provision of services provided by the CAREGivers and provide feedback on performance as indicated. Assist in annual evaluation of the CAREGivers performance.
- Lead training efforts for CAREGivers to ensure the highest quality of care and safety is provided for our clients.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license or state identification
- Must possess valid auto insurance (if applicable)
A graduate from an accredited school of nursing, with a nursing degree is required. Must have at least three years’ experience in a clinical or home care setting. Prior home health and nurse delegation experience is desired. Previous position working with seniors is preferred. Must maintain a current license in good standing as a registered nurse in the state or hold a compact state license accepted by the state. Must possess a current CPR and BLS certification and managed care/case manager certification is a plus.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.