The Director of Nursing Skilled Services shall be a Registered Nurse (RN) who is responsible for the overall direction of home health clinical skilled services, inclusive of infusions. The DON will have overall responsibility for the quality of care provided, effective communication with families/community partners, adequacy of skilled services provided and supervision of staff through clinical knowledge, operational knowledge and experience with regulatory compliance (state licensure, department of labor laws, Joint Commission accreditation). The DON establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for care services and promotes the standards of quality set forth by Home Instead and the overseeing pertinent regulatory and accrediting bodies. The DON assures coordination of care for the Client when multiple care providers are involved and ensures that all Clients’ needs are identified through the assessment process and that those needs are addressed through the implementation of the plan of care and supervisory process. The DON may at times provide direct care to Clients.
The DON directly supervises nursing personnel-licensed staff reporting directly to the Owner. This can be a part-time (~ 20 hours) position, requiring time in the office and field.
- Infusions in the home environment, competency field checks for other nurses
- Stays informed about changes in the field of infusion nursing and home health care and promotes home health referrals in the health care community.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers agency policies and procedures.
- Supports talent acquisition needs of agency to build a strong bench of competent care staff; interviews candidates for skilled care assignments and ensures qualified care staff are ready to serve Client needs based on flow of business and Client cases.
- Assesses competency of clinical staff, conducts performance evaluations and ensures staff is assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a client’s care.
- Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel.
- Oversees the maintenance of client clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Responsible for maintaining all standards of practice as required by Joint Commission to obtain/maintain accreditation in good standing.
- Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Promotes home health referrals in the health care community, working directly with national accounts and local pharmacies.
- Current Certificate of Competence and in good standing with the provincial College of Nurses
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Must have graduated from a nursing accredited program.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical experience with at least half of that time working in home health or related health care organization. Minimum three to five years of direct employee supervision.
- Proficient at Peripheral IV starts/maintenance & IV Infusion Therapy Injection and self-infusion training
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff.
- Possess exceptional nursing assessment skills
- Comply with accepted professional standards of practice.
- Proven ability to build quality and implement improvements within the operation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytic/Critical thinker.
- Comfortable working on a computer.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully with clients, staff and community.
- Treat clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image.
- Case management skills are a plus
- Understands regulatory compliance
• Key agency managerial role
• Flexible schedule
• One to one patient care
• Working with a Joint Commission accredited agency
• Training opportunities with infusion companies
• Weekly pay with direct deposit option
• Referral bonus
- Variety of assignments, procedures and treatments
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Rates of pay are determined by position requirements and experience.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.