Nurse Directed Home Care
Please contact your local Home Instead® franchise office to review which services are permitted and available in your area.
Confident Highly Personalized Care
Our specially trained Care Pros can make life easier by providing highly personalized care for common health conditions that affect families, such as dementia, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, heart failure, COPD, depression, arthritis and more. Nurse directed home care are services performed or delegated by a nurse and may include:
Medication management and administration
- Manage medication by crushing or splitting medications as well as drawing dosage for oral liquid medications, as prescribed.
- Administer medications by placing medication in a senior’s mouth if he or she is unable to do so.
Vital sign tracking
- Take a senior’s vital signs including blood pressure, temperature and pulse.
Wound care support
- Provide wound care with simple dressings.
- Provide bathing assistance when a senior has a wound or dressing.
Diabetes/glucose testing management
- Monitor glucose (i.e. Accuchecks) to determine blood sugar reading.
- Administer pre-drawn syringe or pre-set pen of insulin as prescribed.
Foot and Nail care
- Apply cream to a senior’s feet.
Catheter & Ostomy care
- Emptying a catheter drainage bag.
- Remove or replace a pre-sized wafer around a stoma.
- Adjust a flowmeter to the prescribed setting.
- Monitor the oxygen saturation levels.
- Turn on and off a feeding tube machine.
- Flush feeding tubes.
- Change dressing around the feeding tube.