Clear Lake and Southeast Houston (Change Location)
Transitional Home Care in Friendswood, TX
Many issues factor into why older adults are vulnerable to problems at home after they have been in a medical, hospice or rehabilitation setting. A Home Instead Care Professional can assist your loved one when they return home and reduce the chances of a hospital readmission. Call (281) 484-0200 today to learn more about our Returning Home transitional home care services in the Friendswood area.
Preparing to Return Home After a Hospital Stay
Thinking about the returning home process right from the start is one of the best things you can do for your senior loved one after a hospitalization. Discharge planning is a key point in the recovery process. Planning ahead and preparing for a safe return home can mean the difference between readmission and a full recovery. Care Professionals from Home Instead in Pasadena, TX can provide a variety of home care services to help reduce the chances of an unwanted readmission.
Things to Consider After a Hospital Discharge
We have put together a list of 9 Things to Consider After a Hospital Discharge. Here are a few things to consider when creating a Care Plan for your loved one after a hospital discharge that may help determine the amount of care needed. When going through the list, make a note of how much time it will take to accomplish the various tasks.
- Patient Restrictions and Activities
- Health Care Tasks
- Special Diets
- Medication Management
- Follow-up Care
- Equipment and Supplies
- Home Safety
- Medical Expenses
- Other Financial Issues
Transitional Home Care Services in Friendswood can include:
- Discharge coordination and execution – working with a senior patient's hospital staff to help create a plan of care.
- Medication management – assistance organizing and tracking medications to make sure they're taken as directed.
- Follow-up physician visit assistance – helping seniors keep track of and attend all necessary follow-up medical appointments.
- Nutrition management –providing assistance with food shopping and meal preparation to help ensure the senior maintains a healthy diet.
- Warning sign monitoring and notification – watching for warning signs and taking appropriate action.
- Record keeping – keeping track of the senior's recovery progress to share with his or her physicians.
Call Home Instead today at (281) 484-0200 to discuss how our Care Professionals can support your loved one's recovery after a hospital stay and reduce the changes of a hospital readmission.
Download the Returning Home Guide
This guide provides tips and suggestions for helping ensure a senior loved one’s safe return from a hospital or rehab facility. Download the Returning Home Guide to help ensure a senior loved one’s smooth transition home from a hospital or rehab facility.