Respite Care for Family Caregivers in Bowling Green, KY
With summer in full swing, we know many people want to get out of town for vacation or have some time of self-care and reflection. With the International Self-Care Day coming up on July 24th, we encourage you to get out and do something for yourself. We know that is not always easy when you are the primary caregiver for a sick or aging loved one. Home Instead is here to help with respite care.
What is respite care?
It is a temporary service we provide to your aging family member that allows you some time away to rejuvenate. While caregiving is a wonderful and rewarding job, everyone needs a momentary break to get out and do something they love. Believe it or not, sometimes your family member may need a break from the primary caregiver as well. New people help keep your loved one engaged and interested in the world around them. Maybe you have heard grandpa’s stories a million times, but he would cherish the opportunity to tell them to someone new!
Below is a list respite care services we provide:
- Personal Care Services - Bathing, grooming, and dressing assistance.
- Meal Prep & Home Helper - Preparing nutritious meals and tidying up.
- Transportation - Safe transportation to places such as grandma’s favorite hair salon, grocery store, or worship service.
- Companionship - Providing someone to share stories, connect and laugh with.
- Alzheimer’s Care - Our Professional CAREGivers are trained to help seniors cope with the challenges of Alzheimer’s.
- Hospice Support - We can even help provide comfort to your loved one in a hospice setting in order to let you take care of anything you need and have peace knowing your loved one is never alone.
We can provide just a few hours of relief to as many days as you need in order to relax and recharge. We provide care 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Call our Bowling Green, KY office at (270) 842-7540 today to schedule your self-care respite!