In nearly 20 years of providing in-home care in the Bryan/College Station area, we’ve seen people with an extremely diverse and wide-ranging list of needs. It isn’t uncommon that we serve people whose highest priority is to have a CAREGiver provide companionship in order to fight off loneliness and isolation. For others, the service they desire is more task-oriented – they just struggle to complete basic activities of daily living such as preparing nutritious meals for themselves or running errands.
One of the areas we have achieved much success with is for those clients who have a combination of challenges resulting in the need for 24/7 care. For elderly residents of the Brazos Valley who suffer from a variety of comorbidities, around-the-clock care is the only thing keeping them out of an institutionalized lifestyle. Most Americans have indicated their desire to be able to remain in their homes for as long as humanly possible. Easy to accomplish initially, that dream becomes more and more elusive as time flies by, unless arrangements have been made to receive the level of care required to live safely and securely at home.
Care that is delivered on a 24/7 basis must be carefully orchestrated. Not all providers of in-home care possess the experience that Home Instead has that makes this level of service not only feasible, but enjoyable, as well. Paramount among the necessities is to engage a service that has premium training opportunities for its care providers.
Here are a few of the opportunities that the Home Instead Experience delivers in 24/7 care:
- Consistency – CAREGiver consistency can be a huge challenge, but where others stumble, Home Instead excels. We introduce only those CAREGivers who are fully trained in all aspects of senior care including:
- Personal Care
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Ambulation Assistance
- Communications with both the agency office and the family of the client
- Stability – Home Instead has had 20 years to perfect the job of taking on the huge responsibility of providing around-the-clock care. We have had literally hundreds of 24/7 clients since 2001 and that experience is invaluable. We won’t use your family as a learning ground; we’ll use the opportunity as a proving ground
- Supervision – Our 24/7 clients are the most supervised of our entire client base. Where the needs are the greatest, the focus is the greatest. We regularly exceed the licensing requirements we work under to ensure that our most vulnerable clients are also our most protected.
- Education – We utilize as many Certified Nurses Aides in our most demanding schedules as we can. There is no replacement for skills, dedication, and education when it comes to providing for clients with high-acuity needs and we won’t rest until our 24/7 clients are properly vetted and staffed by the right CAREGivers
If a member of your family requires a higher level of care, come on over to a provider with the best opportunity to satisfy those needs. After all, To Us, it’s Personal!