We are a home care company looking for a full charge bookkeeper to join our office staff.
Key Job Duties
- Responsible for client invoicing and collections, posting of customer payments, checking account deposits, maintaining checking and bank account balances and reconciliations, payment of all vendor bills
- Monitors the cash balances in checking and credit card accounts.
- Prepares various accounting summaries and reports.
- Responds to inquiries and requests regarding invoicing, payroll, benefits and other bookkeeping duties. Follows up to resolve errors and discrepancies in accordance with established procedures.
- Proficiency in various systems used in running the business including ClearCare database, QuickBooks, and 3rd party payroll
- University degree or college diploma in accounting or a related field with a focus in the area of finance.
- 3-5 years of previous experience in a role involving financial accounting
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), federal and state legislation affecting charities and non-profit organizations.
- Advanced QuickBooks and Excel skills.
- Proven planning, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform in a team environment and meet established deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to treat seniors with dignity and respect.
- Be willing to complete a criminal background check and drug screen
- 32 hours/week (somewhat flexible).
- Effective written and verbal communication
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Home care experience a plus
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.