Find your HomeInstead Location
Select your location
(123) 345-6789
home care for veterans sonoma county ca

Home Care for Veterans in Sonoma County, CA

Home Instead, located in Sonoma County, CA, is an authorized provider of home care services for Veterans Assistance (VA) Programs.

We extend our heartfelt gratitude to all the Veterans in our community for their remarkable contributions to our nation. Your dedication and service are deeply appreciated. In the spirit of reciprocity, we are honored to offer our assistance. To explore the possibility of funding your in-home care through a Veterans Assistance program, kindly continue reading or contact us at (707) 586-1516.

Collage of two old photos of any army service man with his wife and driving a forklift

Here at Home Instead, we proudly care for our Veterans every day. We believe that our commitment to caring for their needs is one of the fundamental ways we can show just how much we value their service to our country and protecting our freedom.

1 in 3 seniors in this country is a veteran or surviving spouse of a veteran.

These heroes may be eligible for a unique benefits through the VA in one of two ways:

  • Homemaker / HHA and Respite Benefits through the Community Care Network
  • Aid & Attendance Pension

Read this PDF to Learn More About the Differences between Homemaker / HHA / Respite vs Aid & Attendance Pension

About Homemaker/HHA and Respite VA Benefits

As a Veteran, you may be eligible for the Homemaker / Home Health Aide (HHA) and Respite programs which provide home care services. These benefits can alleviate some or all of the financial burden of receiving home care, or to supplement care which is being paid for privately.

How to Obtain Homemaker/HHA or Respite Benefits

  1. To receive these benefits, you must be enrolled with VA health care. If you are not enrolled, apply for VA health care benefits online or submit the 10-10EZ form via mail or directly to your local VA Medical Center. If you are already part of VA health care, go to step two.
  2. Contact your local VA point of contact (i.e.: case manager, social worker, PCP, etc.) to request a consultation to obtain home care services.
  3. If the VA approves you for these services:
    A) You can choose your preferred community provider or a VA staff member can help you select one. The selected community provider must be part of the VA's network.
    B) If the VA does not allow you to choose your preferred community provider, please contact a patient advocate at your local VA Medical Center.
  4. The VA will send you a referral for your care to your chosen community provider.
  5. Your community provider will reach out to you to schedule care.

Important Links

Aid & Attendance Pension Veteran's Services

Did you know, if you are a wartime veteran, or the surviving spouse of a wartime veteran, you may be eligible for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)’s “Aid & Attendance” benefit, which can help pay for home care?

Millions of qualifying veterans and families go without this valuable benefit simply because of a lack of information or help that is afforded them.

The Veterans Administration has established qualification criteria for Veterans and/or the surviving spouses applying for the Pension with Aid & Attendance benefit. Read about those criteria in this PDF!

How to Apply