Service Coordinator Job Description
Epic Home Care, Inc. DBA Home Instead
The Service Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling service for clients. The Service Coordinator is responsible for scheduling clients and CAREGiversSM in order to provide the highest quality service to clients with emphasis on creating extraordinary relationships.
- Reflect the values of Epic Home Care, Inc. DBA Home Instead
- Answer incoming calls in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Create and maintain client and CAREGiver schedules with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and the development of extraordinary relationships.
- Monitor, mediate, and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing the software system.
- Follow up with all client and CAREGiver issues to ensure their problems are resolved.
- Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records in the software system.
- Increase client loyalty to Home Instead by utilizing the consultative sales process to better meet our current client needs.
- Follow up and communicate CAREGiver and client issues to ensure problems are resolved.
- Design, test and implement a responsive contingency plan that ensures 100% maintenance of Service Hours.
- Recognize and capture opportunities to increase service hours to enhance and/or increase quality care.
- Field new client inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner, enter the information into the software system and work with team to communicate and prepare for the Care Consultation.
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Participate as needed in all CAREGiver meetings
- Conduct Service Inquires and Care Consultations following the consultative sales process.
- Perform any and all other functions and responsibilities deemed necessary
- Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, quarterly, monthly and yearly work
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, clients and CAREGivers
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
- Must have the availability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the senior care industry
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years experience in scheudling or professional office environment
- Experience with computers and various software programs
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to work well with a team in an office setting
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.