Weekday/All shifts CAREGiver Job Description
At Home Instead we focus on what is important to our CAREGivers. We understand that our CAREGivers are the HEART of our company, and the impact they make in our older adults’ lives is INCREDIBLE.
We are seeking nurturing, outgoing, passionate CAREGivers.
Why work with Home Instead?
We are the largest home care company in the world, caring for the most seniors and employing the most caregivers globally.
We offer flexible schedules for work/life balance.
This year (2020), Times-Picayune and nola.com ranked us as one of the top mid-sized companies to work for in the Greater New Orleans area.
Just to mention a few of our benefits:
CAREGiver Career Path.
- Professional Training and on-going education programs offering both classroom and virtual classes.
- All trainings paid
- Weekend CAREGiver Incentive plan.
- 24/7 support—You are never alone.
- Health, dental, vision, supplemental Insurance Benefits.
- Paid PTO/vacation
- 401K program
An individual must:
- be at least 19 years old
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid Driver's License and Automobile Insurance, OR State ID. Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations to work.
If you have ever had a sick relative or loved one, you can understand how important it is to age and be cared for, in a way that preserves dignity, and restores a positive outlook.
As a CAREGiver, you provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes. While working independently with seniors, the services you perform generally fall under three categories:
- Companionship-assist with walking, preparing meals, medication reminders.
- Home Helper-assisting with household chores, washing clothes, helping with errands, accompanying clients to appointments.
- Personal Care including assisting with activities of daily living (ADL’s), bathing, grooming, toileting & incontinence issues.
- And HAVING FUN!
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.